The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

Hahaha I don't think there's enough room in the incubator for that and I don't have enough patience (or money) to wait through multiple hatches!
1f602.png

Ah, using the part of your brain not controlled by hatching addiction, smart. February to May this part of my brain goes into sleep mode.

has anyone candle an egg at the 10th day of incubation that its real dark when candled and looks globby? there is no blood ring, and air sac is good, it kind of looks like day 16, except its globby looking. some darkness is lighter in some spots then others.... does anyone have any idea what might be the issue?

has anyone candle an egg at the 10th day of incubation that its real dark when candled and looks globby? there is no blood ring, and air sac is good, it kind of looks like day 16, except its globby looking. some darkness is lighter in some spots then others.... does anyone have any idea what might be the issue?

I had an egg that quit around day 7-8, but I kept in the incubator until Day 18 when I candled for lockdown. In retrospect, it was sort of globby looking. The inside of it was dark and sort of sloshed around. I did an eggtopsy and there was a small embryo, surrounded by a light brown, yucky yolk. There was no blood ring, but there wasn't a normal looking air sac either.

Last edited:
I always candle on the 10th day , if I see dark and no blood ring, veins are good, put it back!!!! if you hold it really still you might even see it move.

Back
Top Bottom