The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

Oh my heart!! Those look like big fat plums! Ready to eat!

LL

Last year I went into a store to "look" decided on 6 chicks and left the store with 10
1f602.png
1f602.png
then I seen all the diy incubator videos. Went from 7 chickens outside, and hatched 4 chicks. Then my mom bought 6 chicks and added to my brooder. Also there are 14 eggs in the incubator due Saturday
1f602.png
1f602.png
. I keep telling myself that I'm going to sell some of these chicks. Incubating is addicting.

Chicken math can be so confusing!!
gig.gif

itMcsy5.gif

Oh dear, I have the same problem!!

Well then! I have a pip, on day 19. These are pretty good sized eggs too. Thing is, it's pipped, almost to the wrong end. Let's see how I can describe this. It isn't in the middle..but just a bit past the middle part of the egg. It's a pretty good sized pip, so I'm thinking this chick is going to work on this egg.
fl.gif

I just locked down a bit ago. I have more video but it's not wanting to upload to yt. I haven't had to toss anymore and there are no saddle-shaped air cells! It's nuts! This has been an awesome experience that'll probably never happen again.
lol.png
Some are a little behind thanks to the power outage but others look ready to pip internally.

Back
Top Bottom