The 9th Annual BYC Easter Hatchalong!

Well I'll be praying for all of you that could be effected. Hope everything goes well.

Been a rough couple of days.
After dropping/smashing all the eggs yesterday and losing the little brown quail chick that got out of the brooder. This morning we lost my little hatched one. I think maybe it was just too small and too weak idk.

One corner of the incubator wasn't set properly and so I'm worried that could have been it too. DH2B checked the little when he got up to go to work this morning I don't plan on telling him. I'm just really bummed as I never got any pictures and because the little was getting moved today into the brooder.

The incubator was of course running so I don't really think it would have gotten that cold but idk.

Our quail hatch is now officially an abysmal failure. Ugh. Okay I know the one counts but I bought it six buddies and now I'm down to 5 of the buddies. (That's why I never buy less that three buddies)

Hoping to set some chicken eggs soon. We'll see.
Thanks.
Sorry for all the losses. I know I’ve dropped eggs before but just not all.

Thankfully most of them weren't to be incubated but rather sold to egg customers but there was a few I wanted to incubate.

Really it was the mess more than anything.

It's been a tough Easter here anyway as it's the first Easter since my Grandpa passed away the Sunday before Thanksgiving. Losing the chicks didn't help that.

Thankfully most of them weren't to be incubated but rather sold to egg customers but there was a few I wanted to incubate.

It's been a tough Easter here anyway as it's the first Easter since my Grandpa passed away the Sunday before Thanksgiving. Losing the chicks didn't help that.
:hugs

I am so Sorry!

:hugs

I am so Sorry!

Thank you. Yeah it's bittersweet. My Grandpa was more like a father to me and it was a long battle with Alzheimer's. I was also one of his main caretakers and lived with my grandparents for over 4 years before DH2B and I got serious.

He also loved Easter so it's been hard. However he was saved and it's because of Easter of course that that was possible.

It's also the birthday of my cat, Cassie, that I lost a couple years ago to cancer. And the favorite holiday of my cousin, Sarah, who was like a sister to me, and I that passed away very suddenly 11 years ago now.

So I've been sort of a wreck and not even really aware of how emotional I was until yesterday.

Funny how in the back of your mind your body can be grieving and recognizing dates and such even when they're not first and foremost in your mind.

Losing loved ones is always tough. :hugs

Mine are due Sunday if the last power outage didn’t mess with them. I’ll know tonight as I’m going to lockdown.
Now we have a dilly of a storm coming. Possible 2-3 inches of rain. Could be another power outage. It’s a warm storm so what snow we have in the mountains will probably melt.
Heard about that storm coming your way.

You need hugs. :hugs :hugs My DH was just diagnosed with Alzheimer's Dementia a few months back. First meds..not good. The one he's on now at least is keeping him more stable. Early to first part of mid stage. Heart breaking. Right now I still mostly have the sweetheart I've known. Seeing changes, so hard.

Ok, found some funnies...going to share. You may have seen some.
FB_IMG_1521442724912.jpg

Back
Top Bottom