Tuliphen

In the Brooder
May 20, 2017
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
New to the site and keeping chickens
On the way home from a race weekend I called my wife and asked her to get the cars out of our driveway and park them in the street so I could put the motor home and trailer in the drive,5 minutes later she called me to say she had found a chicken wondering in the road and brought it in the house.
When I walked in the house the chicken was sat on my wife's lap happy as could be!
We had a large dog crate in the garage which I put on the porch and that's were she spent the first night.
After a little research on this site the following night I put together a nesting box and a roosting perch, purchased some bedding and made it as comfy as I could for the time being.
The following weekend after more research we set about building a chicken coop and run this is what we ended up with
We now plan on getting a couple more hens to keep Tulip ( that's what my wife named her ) company.
I'm sure we'll have plenty of questions along the way and look forward to being apart of the backyard chicken community

Welcome to BYC....I'd say Tulip is one very lucky chicken! Good luck, see you around!
Sue

What predictors would get through chicken wire I think the only things we would have are raccoons and the odd fox but both would be nighttime predators no? And that's when she'd be in the coop

Back
Top Bottom