The adventures of Barbara (BR)

Quote:
ep.gif

Bad Barbara!!! Good thing you live with MrsChickendad....if you ate all my plants your little story would be over....
lol.png

eh...ok...ok....maybe I was a tad bit harsh on dear Barb...so her story wouldn't END....but if she were mine she would be in a tight lockdown for turning landscaping into chicken num num sticks! lol
tongue.png

Quote:
Wowsers...I guess I didn't realize chickens liked to eat landscaping plants so much.
hmm.png
My chickens live at a friends house so I guess I've never had to worry about it before.
roll.png
So...do they all go for the plants? or only certain birds? are there plants they don't like?

Anyways - sorry to take this off topic Barbara....
hide.gif

Quote:
My chickens have taught me which plants I can have and which ones I can't. So far - they don't like boxwood and azalea was holding up well until everything else was gone, now I see them nibbling a little here and there
barnie.gif
I have some ornamental grasses that they are leaving alone for now. They even ate my lily of the valley!!!!!

Great story about Barbara!
lol.png

A Busy Saturday

Barbara slept in today. There were five new birds in the coop and she was exhausted from keeping them in line. The silly Ameraucana sisters spent the day ostrich style (when they weren’t freaking out), with their heads in the nest boxes and their backsides hanging out. “If I can’t see you, you can’t see me� seems to be their motto.

In the afternoon Barbara went out and raked leaves and mulch back on to the sidewalk where it belongs.
12082_sidewalk.jpg

The food people returned with new snacks on the car bumper, so Barbara and her boyfriend Leroy took a break for bugs. There weren’t any new plants to eat anyway.
12082_bumper_treats.jpg

Back
Top Bottom