The adventures of Barbara (BR)

Thank you so much! Tyson is a great name for him. He is quite the Man Chicken, especially for 4 months old. I'm glad he has a chance to enjoy life with Sara and the Dozen Other Girls. He was stuck in the bachelor pen here, so maybe he is overcompensating and making up for lost time!

Quote:
hey how did Leon get to your house here I thought he was in my back yard romancing his 14 girls
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
I love my love child Leon is so cool and i love his crow.

Quote:
LOL....stud muffin is right. Schellie69, I dunno', Little leon has a twin and his name is Tyson.
tongue.png
He is doing so well. Hubby took bread crumbs and ends from a French Bread and gave it to Tyson and Sara....DH comes out and tells me, "do you hear that?"....I asked what...he tells me that Tyson is taking all the credit for the bread ends/goodies. Tyson basically "shooed" DH out of the pen and then started making "yum-yum" sounds for his mistress. ..... something tells me that his mind was on 12 other young ladies though....typical male. .....sorry, I keep saying that don't I?
big_smile.png
Poor DH felt very left out. I told him to go in the pen and scratch and make "yum-yum" sounds and maybe Sara would pick him (DH) over Tyson. DH glared at me.
hu.gif

Oh, and btw....I love the crowing. It has been so long since I have heard a rooster crow...what a lovely sound. Schellie69....I do love it... it is a beautiful noise isn't it? It is truly hard to tell Leon Jr. and Tyson apart isn't it? I love my chickens.

On a different note: Does anyone else's chickens chase the tweety birds (sparrows, finches, etc) out of their yard? The tweety birds will land in the chicken yard and the 12 girls go after them....it is absolutely hilarious to watch. I watch from the kitchen window and laugh and laugh. 12 young little girls all running their little legs off to chase off a tiny birdy.

We have cactus wrens, and other desert birds in our yard. If they dared get close to the food they would be chased off.

Quote:
Isn't it the funniest thing to watch? I love watching it. My Lil' Girls' food is inside the coop....but the "goodies or yum-yums" are outside. The corn cobs from dinner, some scratch, the lettuce I thinned from the garden and the radish greens....all outside. And the Lil' Girls chase off the tweety birds.

Wow...just found this thread today & 89 pages later... I feel like I've known Barbara & the gang from the very beginning!!

Love the barred rocks! My first flock was all rocks: 4 hens & 1 roo. A year later a fisher managed to get all but 1 in one night (including my two favorite "shadows", Thelma & Louise). The lone survivor of that flock (Kalea) remains my favorite. I adore her so much that this year I got 2 BR chicks to add to the bunch.

I'd add pics of both Kalea & the chicks...but I have yet to figure out how to add a picture
th.gif

Thanks for all the stories Mrs. Chickendad. It has taken me all day....but it's been time well spent & I truly enjoy hearing about Barbara's adventures!!

Quote:
Oh my, how lovely! I must not let Leroy see her picture or he will want her for his very own. . . .

Welcome to Barbara's new readers! It is amazing to me (but not her) that someone would go thru all those pages just to see what Barbara has had cooked up. I told her yesterday that she was becoming famous, and she looked at me and made that squealy sound like, "why are you surprised, It's me, Barbara!" Leroy's attitude was, "Just gimme the treats, lady."

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom