The African and Chinese goose thread!!

Pics
Most probably only weigh 20-30 ibs but if you get them from a good breeder who shows at sanctioned shows they do get that big. Our from holdereads waterfowl are only 3 months old and already probably weigh somewhere around 25 ibs

Most probably only weigh 20-30 ibs but if you get them from a good breeder who shows at sanctioned shows they do get that big. Our from holdereads waterfowl are only 3 months old and already probably weigh somewhere around 25 ibs

Hate to burst your bubble, but 50 lbs is way too heavy. 30 lbs would be pushing it for africans (the lightest of the heavy weight breeds) and 50 would be fairly impossible. I doubt even that their legs would be able to hold that much weight.​

Quote:
Hate to burst your bubble, but 50 lbs is way too heavy. 30 lbs would be pushing it for africans (the lightest of the heavy weight breeds) and 50 would be fairly impossible. I doubt even that their legs would be able to hold that much weight.

Yeah isnt that standard weight for a male 26lbs??? Im not sure sure... but yeah I have NEVER seen s 50lb African...

Hi all, Got my first pair of pure Chinese today (had x's) They are my fav breed, only learnt rom the breeder that they are a swan goose decendant not a grey lag! Do the offspring from grey lag and swan goose crosses remain fertile?

Hi all, I have two goobers I mean geese. One Mr. Wiggles is an African I purchased at the feed store in April because he was the only one left ( I went for chickens), and I picked up a girlfriend Peaches for him in September that was the same age. She was suppose to be an African as well, but she has Toulouse mixed in. I don't mind since Toulouse was the breed I originally was going to go for when I was ready. They are about 5 months old here, Peaches is in the Front. (edit: better picture)

Last edited:
Hi all, I have two goobers I mean geese. One Mr. Wiggles is an African I purchased at the feed store in April because he was the only one left ( I went for chickens), and I picked up a girlfriend Peaches for him in September that was the same age. She was suppose to be an African as well, but she has Toulouse mixed in. I don't mind since Toulouse was the breed I originally was going to go for when I was ready. They are about 5 months old here, Peaches is in the Front. (edit: better picture)

They are adorable. Are they friendly? I have 2 african goose eggs in the incubator, due in about a week. I can't wait to have geese!

Boxedcow you have some pretty geese . And Julienkc mine are fairly skittish but where I got mine from they were running on a lake and hadnt been handled as babies but if you worked with them I think they would be friendly.

Back
Top Bottom