The AMERAUCANA thread

Pics
Maybe I am just not understanding what you’re saying, but no. You would know he was only heterozygous if he produced brown laying offspring, not olive.

for his daughter to inherit both of his blue egg genes presuming he had two. Therefore if she inherited ONE blue egg gene from him, you would know he has at least one. It does not rule out the fact that he might have a second, unless you had another offspring of his that inherited none.
Ah. I see what you mean now. Emma is correct.

Crossing an AM with any other bird will either produce female offspring that lay blue OR green. Depends on the other parent. Thank you Emma.

This is Bruno the black Ameraucana. He attacked a hawk and saved our little salmon faverolle.
IMG_20211220_152546~2.jpg

IMG_20210830_162233385_HDR~3.jpg

I have two others, a blue pullet named Star and a splash cockerel named Luca.
IMG_20211220_152749.jpg

At least I hope they are real Ameraucanas!

Ah. I see what you mean now. Emma is correct.

Crossing an AM with any other bird will either produce female offspring that lay blue OR green. Depends on the other parent. Thank you Emma.
No worries. You’re not usually wrong, and when you are you’re not usually far off, so I was just trying to figure out what you were saying, as I couldn’t quite follow. But yeah, no worries. We all have our misunderstandings. 😊

Hello everyone! I wanted to start a thread where you can show off, learn about, or teach others about ameraucanas. I don’t own this breed… yet, but I have 3 eggs in the incubator! Your birds must be true Ameraucanas only! If you are not sure you are welcome to ask!
@EmmaRainboe

Please tag anyone else who owns ameraucanas! :)
Yay, got my first eggs from my girls 💕

Attachments

• B92A0BAE-BB0A-4A4F-BFCB-FE63DCE0F75F.jpeg
    B92A0BAE-BB0A-4A4F-BFCB-FE63DCE0F75F.jpeg
    276.2 KB · Views: 11
Here is "Peggy", called her(him) that because she was crushed when she was a day old by his surrogate mom, and miraculously came back to life. Just had a broken/ crooked toe. He just started crowing so we had to move him to a big farm that was looking for a male Americauna. Hatched September 2021

Attachments

• 20220122_170445_2.jpg
    20220122_170445_2.jpg
    736 KB · Views: 11
  • roo2.jpg
    roo2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • babypeggy.jpg
    babypeggy.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 10
Here is "Peggy", called her(him) that because she was crushed when she was a day old by his surrogate mom, and miraculously came back to life. Just had a broken/ crooked toe. He just started crowing so we had to move him to a big farm that was looking for a male Americauna. Hatched September 2021
His sister is behind him on the tire and seems to be a "brown red hen"

Those are easter eggers not ameraucanas

Those are easter eggers not ameraucanas
Well isn't that depressing, I was sold blue hatching eggs and were told they were pure blood. oh well, maybe next time lol. Not breeding them anyways, tough when you trust someone and invest the time to incubate the eggs with a surrogate hen. They have not start laying yet. I have attached their 'breeding stock'
1644272647643.png

Back
Top Bottom