The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

Mostly it's not being perfectly black, like not all black toenails, mouth and tongue not being black, red leakage in the comb and wattles, things like that. Possibly also some slight feather color leakage, as is some feathers that aren't black showing up. Nothing so drastic as a completely different colored bird. At least not from GFF. Some people at this stage are trying to cash in on their high price and will sell hybrids as pure, or just sell any old black colored chick as Ayam Cemani if they can get away with it. GFF is reputable and isn't going to do that :)

Thank you, if I get some of these they will come from Green Farms.

Last edited:
Besides Green fire farms line what other lines exists in the US and where is the source of those lines?

Well, Tonie Marie line, but I believe she sold off her flock, or at least she told me she did when I directly asked for eggs once, so to get those you'd have to get them from someone who bought eggs or birds from her before she sold her flock off. Then there's the Mike Bean and Smithsonian lines, sold by Mike Bean, but he might not be selling any more and there is some belief that his lines aren't actually pure. You could get these birds from people who have bought from him if he's not selling anymore if you wanted these lines. There could be more but these are the more prominent ones I'm aware of. Of course some in this thread have been working with the birds for a bit now too and you can ask them if they are selling.

Last edited:
Thank you you've been very helpful. I will get to work researching more now that I have a starting point to begin from.

Just do yourself a favor and stay OFF Ebay. There are too many scammers to count right now.
And avoid anything that says "Cemani Farms" lines. It's illegal to own any birds from indonesian lines due to current bans on importation.

I stay off of eBay and I don't think I will ever buy any eggs or chick's off of there. I try to go to the source whenever possible. Thanks for the advice.

there a guy and we all no who he is that is selling albino cemani...on rare breed auction right now....for his rooster is 25000...lol...funny there can be no albino cemani...when the translation means
Ayam means "chicken" in Indonesian and Cemani is "completely black" in Javanese.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayam_Cemani....some people just wont give up...i see that ebay does have a money back guarantee that if the item listed is not what you get you get your money back...i didnt check to see what all that meant or anything but figured i would throw that out there...

there a guy and we all no who he is that is selling albino cemani...on rare breed auction right now....for his rooster is 25000...lol...funny there can be no albino cemani...when the translation means
Ayam means "chicken" in Indonesian and Cemani is "completely black" in Javanese.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayam_Cemani....some people just wont give up...i see that ebay does have a money back guarantee that if the item listed is not what you get you get your money back...i didnt check to see what all that meant or anything but figured i would throw that out there...

Yeah, it's a total joke. But be careful of Ebay's "guarantee". I lost all but one of my claims, so the total loss was over $300.00. To get my last refund, I was required to ship back my purchase which were actually chicks, at that point. So, after lengthy phone calls to Ebay, I ended up shipping back egg shells. The seller denied the package, and it was sent back to me.

The chicks had light colored eyes. Pink mouths. They had pale feet, some had entirely pale legs. Some didn't have dark skin at ll. They all had white wing tips, chests, and various splashes that grew bigger and bigger as they got older. I never needed a "perfect" bird, but these honestly looked like an entirely different breed. I enjoyed raising them for awhile but ended up selling them on Craigslist as "MUTTS" for $5.00 each. I would have charged less, but I wanted a couple bags of feed for them.

And don't get me wrong, the poor little fuzzies didn't do anything wrong. And they WERE cute. I'm glad they went to good homes. I just have somewhat limited space and want to be specific about the breeds I take into my flock, if you get what mean. I don't breed, but I guess you could say I'm extremely interested in "collecting" my favorites for my special flock.

Don't be dumb like I was. Do your research. I had previously made the mistake of buying "Ameraucana" chicks from a local feed store only to find out later that they weren't actually true Ameraucana. They were Easter Eggers. They're here to stay, though. I adore them. I'll add a couple pure Wheaten Ameraucanas to my flock eventually. My point is, after all this rambling, to just be more educated than I was when it comes to buying eggs and chicks. Ask LOTS of questions and be aware of the risks.

and STAY OFF EBAY, at least when it comes to Ayam Cemani!
duc.gif
I've hatched Ebay chicks and even have a list of favorite sellers, but you have to be extremely careful with the rare breeds.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom