The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

Not everyone on eBay is a scammer. You can just as easily get stung purchasing from BYC, RBA, FB, CL or anywhere. Why do people insist on generalizing that all sellers on eBay are bad? Just do some critical thinking, read feedback, check how long the seller account has been open, ask questions, and go with your gut, regardless of where your sourcing your eggs or birds. I've gotten some fantastic birds from eggs purchased via eBay (not AC), and I've been left disspointed with eggs from BYC and RBA.

Just do yourself a favor and stay OFF Ebay.  There are too many scammers to count right now. 
And avoid anything that says "Cemani Farms" lines.  It's illegal to own any birds from indonesian lines due to current bans on importation. 

Fully agree about EBay however some people may actually own cemani farm lines. As when I first started looking into getting Cemanis I contacted them (before I realized the import ban). They told me they will sell & ship me eggs. That they mark them "collectables" to get them through customs. So someone could have their lines just illegally.

Fully agree about EBay however some people may actually own cemani farm lines. As when I first started looking into getting Cemanis I contacted them (before I realized the import ban). They told me they will sell & ship me eggs. That they mark them "collectables" to get them through customs. So someone could have their lines just illegally.
Their still lying...There are no Cemani Farms Lines in the US Legal or Illegal unless someone went there and smuggled them back themselves.

x2. I was unaware of the import ban as well before I did a little research. It makes me wonder if anyone has attempted it, or if those orders just get stalled and wrapped up in a ton of complications.

I don't know how the situation is handled in the case of finding eggs in a box that someone is 'trying to mail' to another country......

But, when one of my friends was in Europe, I mailed him several packages. When they reached him, every single box had been opened and then taped back shut. So, I don't know how any one gets eggs across country borders, at least not European country.

Their still lying...There are no Cemani Farms Lines in the US Legal or Illegal unless someone went there and smuggled them back themselves.

I was just giving information from what I was told. I have no idea if others have been shipped into the US or to whom. They sounded like it was something they routinely do. I got mine from breeders inside the US.

I was just giving information from what I was told. I have no idea if others have been shipped into the US or to whom. They sounded like it was something they routinely do. I got mine from breeders inside the US.
Cemani Farms contiunes to scam US buyers out of money by telling them the eggs will be delivered no problem...supposedly they send the eggs to singapore and then they are shipped into the US...Complete Lie

Japan is banned from shipping anything but Cooked Processed Poultry in the US even those products have to be slaughtered or processed in certified slaughter inspection systems.

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/wcm/co..._Products_Eligible_for_Export.pdf?MOD=AJPERES

Last edited:
Not everyone on eBay is a scammer. You can just as easily get stung purchasing from BYC, RBA, FB, CL or anywhere. Why do people insist on generalizing that all sellers on eBay are bad? Just do some critical thinking, read feedback, check how long the seller account has been open, ask questions, and go with your gut, regardless of where your sourcing your eggs or birds. I've gotten some fantastic birds from eggs purchased via eBay (not AC), and I've been left disspointed with eggs from BYC and RBA.
I agree...EVERYONE on Ebay isnt a scammer in fact most are honest people just selling eggs and most are NPIP as well.

Quote:
I agree with this. No matter where you buy from, you just need to investigate who you are dealing with. The seller in question actually approached me via this site. After investigating I declined.

That doesn't mean to ask 1000 questions and take up a bunch of time and effort. Most people you would know from the forums, or check the reputation and what they have posted.

I ordered stock from a reputable breeder. This was prepaid. Then, waited months for my eggs. Was I worried? NO I knew their reputation.

On EBay not only check the feedback rating, but READ the comments AND who they are from.

Regarding eBay feedback, there's a loophole where sellers can delete negative feedback so it appears they have 100% positive feedback (one particular eBay user selling AC eggs does this). Feedback isn't always reliable.

You're right about other sites for selling, the same people who are scamming on eBay are scamming on BYC and RBA. They're being blasted on FB though which is why the probably haven't posted there yet lol.

I agree with the 'go with your gut' method of buying. :)

Back
Top Bottom