The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

Ha! Sarah would LOVE to have ducks, but there's no way we can get away with that. lol The city is very clear in their bylaws - no ducks and no turkeys! She IS planning to try to hatch out a few button quail this spring, though! We don't live on a farm but Sarah has a 4H bunny (she's looking for a Rhinelander or English Spot, also, but we haven't found one as of yet), a cavy (our first year of having cavies at fair - now she's looking for a show quality texel!), a Nubian pack goat (boarded at a friend's farm) a Serama, four various pullet chicks from the ranch store and these two "maybe Cemanis". lol Throw in a couple of dogs, a goldfish and two hedgehogs and I feel like we DO have our own little farm! She is so good with these animals, though... takes excellent care of them and does well with showmanship at fair!

Ha! Sarah would LOVE to have ducks, but there's no way we can get away with that. lol The city is very clear in their bylaws - no ducks and no turkeys! She IS planning to try to hatch out a few button quail this spring, though! We don't live on a farm but Sarah has a 4H bunny (she's looking for a Rhinelander or English Spot, also, but we haven't found one as of yet), a cavy (our first year of having cavies at fair - now she's looking for a show quality texel!), a Nubian pack goat (boarded at a friend's farm) a Serama, four various pullet chicks from the ranch store and these two "maybe Cemanis". lol Throw in a couple of dogs, a goldfish and two hedgehogs and I feel like we DO have our own little farm! She is so good with these animals, though... takes excellent care of them and does well with showmanship at fair!
Sounds like my place....30 some odd chickens, 30-40 chicks atm, 7 ducks, 2 ducklings, 12 rabbits, 2 horses, 3 dogs, 2 guinea pigs, 30+ goats....and a partridge in a pair tree(soon lol)

This season should have two turkey breeds, another duck breed, pheasant, partridge, quail, and alot more chickens breeds showing up. We are waiting for snow to melt off to start building the 18 planned chicken/turkey/poultry coops.

If you want black eggs, look into Cayuga and Black East Indies ducks
wink.png

*adjusts glasses and quickly does a Google search*

ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW?

I MUST have those!

That's it, I'm moving! I need more space. I don't know if I could get away with a couple ducks here in suburbia.

Those are both going on my wish list! That's one of the coolest things I've ever seen! Thanks Pyxis!

Lol, no problem :) Cayugas are on my list too. Just make sure to get them from a breeder because hatchery cayugas might not lay black.

I have some eggs from
@cjwaldon
going into lockdown tonight.

No mater how they turn out, I have to say I believe she is an honest person and a good breeder.
thumbsup.gif

I am looking forward to hatch date on Thursday!
yippiechickie.gif

i have spoken with cjwaldon....she is a very good breeder....she loves her birds...and it shows...and im very excited to get some eggs soon....just waiting for the weather to warm up and it looks like it is....so maybe i can speed things up a bit....lol...i wasnt sure about the toni line cause i heard that they were more bantam size...and i really wanted a larger cemani bird....but as it sounds that most breeders are mixing the two lines to make the blood stronger which i understand...so candice...if i spelled that right....i shall give you a jingle and we can go from there....did you get the vs forms yet...by chance...also if you could get me a tally on how they are producing right now...i would like to shoot for the number we spoke about...thanks so much...
i also give her a pat on the back...and say thanks for your honesty and your time spent breeding these birds...
hugs.gif
woot.gif
thumbsup.gif

Of course! Take me out of this city, Pyxis! Take me out RIGHT NOW!
hit.gif
I need Cayugas!
i almost picked up cayugas last trip down state but we ran out of time and now i am kicking myself for it...luckily the breeder has more lol. Buying adults so eggs right away yay!!! i just need to figure out when we are going reasonably close to her place when i have a wad of cash to spare....atm not for atleast 2 weeks.

i almost picked up cayugas last trip down state but we ran out of time and now i am kicking myself for it...luckily the breeder has more lol. Buying adults so eggs right away yay!!! i just need to figure out when we are going reasonably close to her place when i have a wad of cash to spare....atm not for atleast 2 weeks.

Soooo jealous. I've heard the eggs are delicious. Two weeks until graduation. Then, hopefully a job. Then, save save save the $$$. Then MOVE MOVE MOVE!
And have lots of Ameraucana, Black Copper Marans, bantams, and Cayugas.
love.gif
And Ayam Cemani.

Morgan, I'm going to want to see pictures!

Speaking of pictures, I want to see some Ayam Cemani pictures!

Soooo jealous. I've heard the eggs are delicious. Two weeks until graduation. Then, hopefully a job. Then, save save save the $$$. Then MOVE MOVE MOVE!
And have lots of Ameraucana, Black Copper Marans, bantams, and Cayugas.
love.gif
And Ayam Cemani.

Morgan, I'm going to want to see pictures!

Speaking of pictures, I want to see some Ayam Cemani pictures!
Happily when i get the ducks lol.....duck eggs are sooo soo good we ate a couple muscovy eggs...you know did a visual fertility check and then we HAD to eat them cause not like you can put them back in the shell
hide.gif
i've heard a few people talking about the AC and SH having black/grey eggs because someone had them showing with black duck eggs so people got the wrong idea i guess. i was east indies as well but they lay the smaller eggs and no one around here breeds them that i know of...yet.

Back
Top Bottom