The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

Hmmm, this has been most informative. My husband bought 12 hatching eggs on Ebay- 9 hatched but there are several "chipmunk" striped ones in the bunch...

I hatched some Cemani chicks awhile back. My lightest chick, who had a white belly and facial markings and light feet... is actually coming in black. I didn't think the actual skin over the feet would change, but it's gone from mottled to entirely black. Black feathers coming in, too. Interesting.

there are some good ebayers....however you do come across the not so good ones if you buy from there...i just got some quail eggs from there...and we got about 10 percent broken...cracked them ones open and they were rotten....bummer...i feel your pain...that is also another reason to do you research n make sure you get from a known breeder..best of luck you might be able to get your money back...im hoping i get mine from gff tomorrow...so well see....that is the plan...crossing my fingers...

I don't see how those chipmunk striped chicks are going to feather in, or be completely black. It looks like they are lacking the fibro gene altogether from what I can see.
I'd definitely be asking for my money back...

I think there are two all black, one black with a white belly and the rest are chipmunks. The eBay seller replied to me:
Dear *bat-girl*,

Sounds like wild types. Stripes are wild types. The wild type is the original color form of Cemani. They are recessive so if you breed them back to black partner you will get black offspring.

- bobfarm14

I have since talked to someone that hatched out 4 eggs- got 3 blacks and a chipmunk. Why doesn't bobfarm14 mention this anywhere on their page??

Back
Top Bottom