The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

Fibro crosses are fun bc they bring out some really interesting color combinations.
haha I got two boys that are a 1/2 Hona-1/4 KK/Malay and 1/4 Rosecomb that look like tropical games. Their little sis is like a dwarf though but she thriving :idunno then I got a "bantam" Hona cross boy and two girls that again look gamey from the KK/Malay.

That's exactly what I want! We may have to collaborate on a project one day

Sounds gorgeous!

The pullets I have I got from another person. I believe they are F1's. They have fairly dark skin, but do have the muffs and beards, just not as developed as I world like. I think it will be a fun project. I am looking for a pic now

The one in the back is the best.

Yes they are very striking and their skin is darker than in my black feathered birds (which can have more blue in it).  Since I have several roosters and only 1 hen, if I breed the white roosters to black hens, will the offspring have the recessive white in them?

Where did you get your stock that lay blue eggs and carry the recessive white from? Sounds like they'd be good for a few projects I have in mind.

Yes they are very striking and their skin is darker than in my black feathered birds (which can have more blue in it).  Since I have several roosters and only 1 hen, if I breed the white roosters to black hens, will the offspring have the recessive white in them?

00101_duPUbfOg1pi_600x450.jpg

Yes...

Recessive takes 2 copies to express... if you cross the white back to a black, 100% of the offspring will get 1 copy of the white gene... if none of the blacks carry a white gene as well, then 100% of those offspring will also be *visually* black... cross them back to your white and you will get 50% whites and 50% blacks carrying white...

Last edited:
Where did you get your stock that lay blue eggs and carry the recessive white from? Sounds like they'd be good for a few projects I have in mind.
I purchased my Ayam Cemanis from Sunbird Farms who is involved with slow foods and raises organic gourmet poultry meats (he has been quoted by the Wall Street Journal when they interviewed him regarding heritage chicken and the gourmet food industry). A while back he got a big promotion and decided to downsize so I bought his whole Ayam Cemani flock from him. He said they were a mixture of GF & TMA.

Yes...

Recessive takes 2 copies to express... if you cross the white back to a black, 100% of the offspring will get 1 copy of the white gene... if none of the blacks carry a white gene as well, then 100% of those offspring will also be *visually* black... cross them back to your white and you will get 50% whites and 50% blacks carrying white...

Thanks so much! That is just what I wanted to know. I recently sold one of my white roosters to a Hmong customer because they love to eat dark-skin chickens and during the month of December, there is some significance to the white feathers. However, now I think I will keep the extra roosters and try to start a white Ayam Cemani project by crosses them like you said.

I also raise what I call ‘Dark-Skin Asian Landrace Gamefowl’ (Hmong chickens) and out of 13 (fm) hens, I also have 1 hen that lays blue eggs too. She has light cream colored feathers. When I first saw that she laid a blue egg, I was going to cull her but then I noticed that she had the darkest skin of my hens so I kept her. Maybe there is a correlation with the fm birds that have lighter colored feathers having the darkest skin color like my white Ayam Cemanis?

Can anyone give me any tips on the best way to bring out the blue egg laying trait from my blue egg laying Cemani hen? (which I will probably try to do with my blue egg laying Hmong hen too).

All these fibro projects are great! I love projects! But please don't keep calling them Ayam Cemani. The very definition of the Ayam Cemani breed is that they are all black. Not any other color. Just black. All black. Or did I miss something? Are we now only focused on skin and internal fibro saturation, no so much feathers color? I better go read the SOP again.

To my knowledge neither TMA nor GFF have blue eggs in their lines. ??

Back
Top Bottom