The American Paint Silkie

Pics
No there isn't a standard yet. Some would like to see them have fewer, larger spots but we really don't know if we can affect this in breeding. Little is known about the "paint gene".

In Sigrid Van Dort's new book "Silkie colors" she says the following:

"Paint to paint can cause less and smaller spots in some lines, others see no difference. You can't enlarge the spots when breeding to black. You don't "add" more black in practice"

Quote:
and I thought you'd bred in a parakeet gene
wink.png
gig.gif

Quote:
Dang it, Judy. She's already got fifteen birds and I've been weeks building her a hutch to keep them all in so I can get them out of my brooder. I am NOT even going to let her see these Paint Silkies!

A.T. Hagan :

Dang it, Judy. She's already got fifteen birds and I've been weeks building her a hutch to keep them all in so I can get them out of my brooder. I am NOT even going to let her see these Paint Silkies!

Al, I swear I won't say a word!!
lol.png

We won't have anything to sell for quite some time, I'm sure. We need to get many more paints on the ground right now. The cockerel is in with 2 paint pullets that I don't think are laying yet (need to food color their vents to be sure) and 2 really nice black pullets that are laying. I'm putting every egg from that pen into the incubator for sure!!​

Just please tell me that one day we the common people would be able to buy eggs or birds? It breaks my heart to see them and then find out no one can buy any. I am sure it would be a while, but one day maybe?

Back
Top Bottom