The American Paint Silkie

Pics
Quote:
I knew "silkie people" where good people at heart.
smile.png

Quote:
I absolutely will be making as many available to other silkie breeders as possible. As long as folks understand that they are a work in progress that needs some careful breeding. My trio is not breeding yet, so of course I won't have any for awhile. I'll probably sell chicks and juveniles instead of eggs because the eggs will be too valuable to risk shipping.

Quote:
I absolutely will be making as many available to other silkie breeders as possible. As long as folks understand that they are a work in progress that needs some careful breeding. My trio is not breeding yet, so of course I won't have any for awhile. I'll probably sell chicks and juveniles instead of eggs because the eggs will be too valuable to risk shipping.

Thank you.you just made my day.

Quote:
Nice find... that first one looks to have some really nice markings... I love the black across the tail. Can't help you with where to get super nice blacks... Premier Silkies has some of the best I've seen but I don't think she sells many.

I just got these birds today, and they are kinda dirty. I will be bathing them and hopefully getting better pics tomorrow.

I certainly hope you are right but I think you just found the biggest challenge in breeding paints....the "dirty".

Good luck to you.​

The "dirty" appearance on their necks/hackles is not dirt! It's a discoloration that probably comes from an allele of the dominant white gene. The challenge is attempting to breed out that coloring. Most paints have it...a few do not.

As we work toward the "perfection" of the paint, it will be important for everyone that has them to keep very good breeding records and report their results. This is likely going to be a long haul....
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom