The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

Pics
I'd like to see them side by side, at least in part.

Parrot Beak Aseels..

Parrot1.jpg

Parrot2.jpg

1656881575294.png

I received an assortment of d’uccles from a breeder and there’s one pullet that I can’t figure out what to do with… she’s a silver porcelain and I’m curious about the the genetics. Would it be lavender diluting a silver Mille fleur? I have silver Roos and blue silver Roos as the choices just not sure what I’d get… would the chicks be the same color as the Roos but split for lavender gene?

According to the chicken calculator. If I breed black breasted red hens to a brassy back rooster. The resulting offspring will be quail. Is this correct?
Not correct. There are no brassy back example listed on the chicken calculator.

Brassy back are Black Breasted Reds with a hackle melanizer(either Melanotic or Charcoal).

Quail is e+/e+, Melanizers and Columbian restrictor Co/Co. Since neither Black Breasted Red nor Brassy back have Columbian restriction, it's impossible to get the Quail patter.

BBR x Brassy back = incomplete brassy back(mid way between BBR and Brassy Back)

Isabel Laced/Gold laced split to Isabel laced...what is exactly does this mean as far as possible coloring and breeding?

Lavender is recessive. Split to Isabel means that lavender is present on the genetic make up of the bird in question but in heterozygous form(Lav+/lav)

Two split lavender/Isabel chickens when cross together will produce= 25% Lavender/Isabel lav/lav, 25% LAV+/LAV+, 50% Lav+/lav(Splits)

Back
Top Bottom