The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

That boy is alot more red then mine just like the one I had a couple years ago. I've also raised New Hampshire's one time. The cockerel was a turd, who we had to cull. He was an even solid red, with golden hackles, & red/gold saddles.
Not the best picture.
Screenshot_20221129-125232_Gallery.jpg

Unless the coloration varies abit, then he could be the same coloring.

Last edited:
It won't be for a few weeks most likely, but would I be able to get your opinions on my pheonix females and who I should put them with male wise once bag and tag them all? I know the chocolate looking ones go with the khakis and the Whites with the Whites, but my other variations I'm not sure about

Is it possible to have multiple types of lacing on the same bird or are the genes mutually exclusive?

On eb/eb background(like wyandottes) and ER/ER background(Birchen) they require Ml/Ml-Pg/Pg and Co/Co so it's they are the same mutations(ER Requires Db)

As for the blue lacing on Black they also require Ml/Ml-Pg/Pg, Unless is that weird and unexpected lacing found on some Malays and orientals which appear to be a different mutation.

Was just looking at Malay hens on the internet, I just realized that they don't have the Shrimp Tails like mine do, which is alittle confusing. Don't know how I didn't notice before.

What does this mean about my Malays? Are they a different strain? The breeder mentioned something about them being imported stock in their description.

Back
Top Bottom