The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

I want to bring out this ugly brown leg color into my Malays, but would like to know what would be the best way of doing so? I know it's linked with Wheaten.
(Big Fatty's legs) She's my oddball Malay pullet.
20221030_164213.jpg
20221030_164222.jpg

I had two chicks from a houdan mother and assumably straight comb father, both had weird combs. They looked to start off straight-comb, but split into two sectors up towards the end, before one sector “ended” and it had one final point back in the center like a straight comb. Maybe this is a weird way to describe it, but I’m trying my best given I already sold the chicks and only have a few good photos of one chick.
BF92A915-0B9A-43E6-A271-B3372346F2A6.jpeg
12DD2A9A-F406-49D3-9863-961D7A45223F.jpeg

Any clue what caused this or why their combs were weird?

I had two chicks from a houdan mother and assumably straight comb father, both had weird combs. They looked to start off straight-comb, but split into two sectors up towards the end, before one sector “ended” and it had one final point back in the center like a straight comb. Maybe this is a weird way to describe it, but I’m trying my best given I already sold the chicks and only have a few good photos of one chick.View attachment 3437994View attachment 3437736
They have the Duplex Gene.

I had two chicks from a houdan mother and assumably straight comb father, both had weird combs. They looked to start off straight-comb, but split into two sectors up towards the end, before one sector “ended” and it had one final point back in the center like a straight comb. Maybe this is a weird way to describe it, but I’m trying my best given I already sold the chicks and only have a few good photos of one chick.View attachment 3437994View attachment 3437736
Houdan has duplex comb (split in two).

Crossing it to a rooster with a straight comb produced chicks that have genes for both comb shapes, and the comb is sort-of in between: single in the front, split in the back.

I think @JacinLarkwell had some chicks with similar combs a while back.

That's what a heterozygous V comb looks like

Back
Top Bottom