The babies are finally here!

Shotgun Lizzie

Chirping
Jan 29, 2023
Alachua, FL
My babies arrived today! I've been waiting for what seems like forever! 4 New Hampshires, 4 Barnefelders, and 3 Silver Laced Wyandottes plus the hatchery threw in 2 extra New Hampshires. So it'slucky 13. All seem healthy and active and have been eating and drinking! I'm beyond excited!

Attachments

• 20230302_141855.jpg
    20230302_141855.jpg
    544.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I hopefully have a small order from Mt. Healthy arriving the first week of April. I understand they usually include an extra chick in case of one of the others dying. If this is true, do they label what the extra chick is?

I hopefully have a small order from Mt. Healthy arriving the first week of April. I understand they usually include an extra chick in case of one of the others dying. If this is true, do they label what the extra chick is?
No they didn't an actually included 2 extra chicks but they both look the same as my New Hampshire chicks so I'm assuming they will make the extra ones something you have on your order. My new babies seem to be doing very well. I hope yours do the same.

No they didn't an actually included 2 extra chicks but they both look the same as my New Hampshire chicks so I'm assuming they will make the extra ones something you have on your order. My new babies seem to be doing very well. I hope yours do the same.
Thank you. I would have liked to get them sooner, but husband is still recovering from shoulder surgery so we needed a lot of time to get everything ready.

I put some forked sticks in the cage so they could perch on them. I have a window in the barn where the brooder is and I like to peek in from time to time. A couple of days ago I peeked in and one of the babies was sitting on the perch with her head hanging limply. I thought OMG 😲 one has died. I went inside and it popped up very much alive. I guess it was just sleeping. It just looked so odd. :lau

Back
Top Bottom