The babies are here!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Sue S, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Sue S

Sue S Songster

Mar 7, 2018
    Pa
    First I would like to thank everyone who replied to my questions & gave me advice during the incubating & hatching of my babies!!!!:) Lastnite was very stressing 3 out of 4 ducklings got shrink wrapped, the 1st duckling was able to hatch on his own around 2am Friday morning, the other 3 started piping Friday morning also, but then things went wrong, 1st my incubator wasn't working correctly ( wouldn't keep temp so the humidity dropped ), then 1 egg started zipping & wanted to come out of it's shell ( literally !!!) around 3pm yesterday, so that got the remaining 2 motivated to come out, but around 8pm I noticed it was struggling & realized that it was shrink wrapped, after helping it out ( which wasn't as difficult as the last 2 ). By 9pm I had to start helping the last 2 out which was harder cuz they were really stuck but i'm so happy to say that around midnight last nite all eggs were hatched & babies are doing well. :yesss:. Overall I don't think I did to bad with my first incubating considering I started incubating 6 eggs & ended up with 4, ( 1 was a dud, & 1 stopped growing ). Here is a pic from this morning will share more when they are more fluffed.!!!! Baby Ducks.jpg

2. Cyprus

Cyprus Master of the 'never give up' attitude

Jan 19, 2018
    SE Wisconsin
    My Coop
    Aww, they're so cute!
    What breed are they?

biophiliac likes this.
  3. Trish1974

Trish1974 Araucana enthusiast

Mar 16, 2016
    North Central IN