The BANTAM ORPINGTON Thread

Hello! I'm new here and making my way through this monster of a thread. They're all so pretty! I figured since I'm rummaging through all of your posts, I'd at least say hi.
Hi
frow.gif

Thank you for the welcomes! I'm all caught up now. Beautiful birds! I would love a tiny backyard flock. But I live in an HOA so I'll just keep dreaming, haha. My dad keeps telling me to just get them and he'll help me raise them - he raised backyard chickens when I was growing up. Anyway, please keep posting pictures, everyone!! I love seeing them!

This has definitely been a tough month for me.In the past month my entire flock of bantams are now gone. In the beginning of the summer I bought a Isabel cuckoo bantam orp rooster and then in late summer I got a hold of 2 lavender bantam pullets and a bantam Jubilee hen. 3 weeks ago my rooster passed from Merak's, and then two weeks ago one lavender and the jubilee were the victims of a hawk attack. and then finally my little Jasmine (the last lavender) went missing two days ago. I loved jasmine! she came when I called, she loved to be in your lap and she rode around on my dogs' backs. I really miss them. They always made my day a little bit better with their antics. Whenever I called the dogs in from the yard, it was the running of the bulls, the two dogs quickly storm in, and on their heels, 4 chickens were running full force, wings flapping and squawking at the top of their lungs, hoping to make it through the door before it closes and they have to wait until their next chance.I hope where ever they are, they can finally make it through that door. thank you for reading, I just really need to get everything out there.

Last edited:
This has definitely been a tough month for me.In the past month my entire flock of bantams are now gone. In the beginning of the summer I bought a Isabel cuckoo bantam orp rooster and then in late summer I got a hold of 2 lavender bantam pullets and a bantam Jubilee hen. 3 weeks ago my rooster passed from Merak's, and then two weeks ago one lavender and the jubilee were the victims of a hawk attack. and then finally my little Jasmine (the last lavender) went missing two days ago. I loved jasmine! she came when I called, she loved to be in your lap and she rode around on my dogs' backs. I really miss them. They always made my day a little bit better with their antics. Whenever I called the dogs in from the yard, it was the running of the bulls, the two dogs quickly storm in, and on their heels, 4 chickens were running full force, wings flapping and squawking at the top of their lungs, hoping to make it through the door before it closes and they have to wait until their next chance.I hope where ever they are, they can finally make it through that door. thank you for reading, I just really need to get everything out there.

Sorry to hear about your losses.

Well, my broodies successfully hatched out 5 chicks! We hatched 3 in the incubator and gave those to the broodies also. The hens are a little worse for wear because they ended up getting infested with mites last week & we all went through a lot to get rid of them.

Here's the proud mamas with some of the chicks. The chicks are large fowl orps.

Well, my broodies successfully hatched out 5 chicks! We hatched 3 in the incubator and gave those to the broodies also. The hens are a little worse for wear because they ended up getting infested with mites last week & we all went through a lot to get rid of them.

beautiful girls! and thank
you

Both the hens & the chicks are adorable!

Off topic, but I can't help but share.

My DD made an egg-themed Nativity this weekend. (shoe box diorama project for school) She used blown eggs, egg cartons, & a few downy feathers. - No shortage with all the molting going on! It turned out so cute! Baby Jesus was made using our Bantam Orp's egg. The rest of the flock are full-sized birds.

Off topic, but I can't help but share.

My DD made an egg-themed Nativity this weekend. (shoe box diorama project for school) She used blown eggs, egg cartons, & a few downy feathers. - No shortage with all the molting going on! It turned out so cute! Baby Jesus was made using our Bantam Orp's egg. The rest of the flock are full-sized birds.
Wow, that is so creative!

Back
Top Bottom