The beauty of a Game Camera! Heres My Latest Predator.

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by capthollis, Oct 29, 2012.

1. capthollis

capthollis Out Of The Brooder

[​IMG]Ive been wondering what been trying to dig under my pin. Checked my game camera today, and this is what I've caught. A Dog that roams the country roads of where I live. Yes I know where he lives, and No the owners dont care where he goes. I can take care of this problem though.

1 person likes this.
  2. City farm

City farm Overrun With Chickens

Jul 6, 2012
    Mesa, Arizona U.S.A.
    Shoot you know what I think I need to get me one of those
    Cameras!!! Any advice on where to go for best price..
    I'm excited to put up on mu block!!! City block!!!

3. capthollis

moultree game cameras are the best for the money. Any outdoor store will have then, if not goto Amazon or EBay , Just make sure it has inferred , and atleast a 5.0 megapixel. $69 is what I've paid for mine. Have fun man, you'll love it!

4. rufus

rufus Overrun With Chickens

May 17, 2007
    A game camera would get stolen in my neighborhood.

5. cluckcluckluke

cluckcluckluke Overrun With Chickens

I'm thinking of getting one as well, but not for predators, I'm going to install it in my nesting cage to see whose laying and whose not laying, but i was thinking of one of those cameras that run almost all day or from 6:00am-6:00pm 12 hrs. Does this type of camera do that or does it take stills of moving objects.

6. City farm

City farm Overrun With Chickens

Jul 6, 2012
    Mesa, Arizona U.S.A.
    I will secure it to a hiding place.. Does it flash?
    What a great idea for the chicken that are laying..
    I might have to get a few!! Yeehaa...

7. capthollis

No it won't take super still images, but if they move a little it will get them. Set the camera to take a photo every minute, and it'll eventually get what you need. Being that its set to every minute doesn't necessarily mean that you'll get 60 photos an hour, so it won't be as much culling as you'd think. Don't get a camera that flashes, get one that is inferred, that way you won't be disrupting anything, and they aren't that much more in cost.

8. capthollis

not if its an infer red camera. Camaflauge if, and they'll never see it. I also use one for the security on my house. Works awesome! There are better game cameras that actually text you the photo to your phone in real time. Ill be getting one of these next year for sure!

9. scooter147

scooter147 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2008
    Missouri
    If the dogs owners don't care then I definately wouldn't. I would solve that worry in very short order.

10. Bear Foot Farm

Bear Foot Farm Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2008
    Grifton NC
    So do you have pictures of that dog actually digging, or just the one of him standing there?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by