The beauty of a Game Camera! Heres My Latest Predator.

Barefoot would let the dog kill all her chickens first, and then do something about it..... Not me, we don't have animal control here , so that makes me the control! Ill promîse you that this dog won't have a chance to go for my live stock again . I know how to take care of the situation , and if it offends some of you then so be it, and get over it!! Just sayin!

I was wondering if anyone else had the same idea as me. I put my camera up just to see who was laying.
Today I found one of my hens dead. Head was eaten and one side of the breast. I have a cyclone fence all around and chicken wire over the bottom up and laying down so no one can dig under fence. CAN a fox climb my fence? I have seen racoons and opssoms on my camera. Will they kill chickens?

This is the exact reason i want a game camera, i did say this earlier in the thread though.

Barefoot would let the dog kill all her chickens first, and then do something about it..... Not me, we don't have animal control here , so that makes me the control! Ill promîse you that this dog won't have a chance to go for my live stock again . I know how to take care of the situation , and if it offends some of you then so be it, and get over it!! Just sayin!

I dont have this problem where i am and fully understand where your coming from and am not against you but why do we have to start a fight on a subject that is quite interesting???

Good pic for a $69 camera. Bummer the dog owners are not responsible,but hey they should know roamers disappear all the time.Digging or not I would get rid of any dog that is on my property.

Did i post anywhere that Id shoot the dog Bear Foot? I can do as I please, and do not put words in my mouth. AS I said I have every right to protect my livestock!
You didn't say what you would do, other than this cryptic comment:

Quote: I already said you have a right to protect the if they are threatened.
All I see is a dog LOOKING at something, not "threatening", or being a "predator"

Barefoot would let the dog kill all her chickens first, and then do something about it..... Not me, we don't have animal control here , so that makes me the control! Ill promîse you that this dog won't have a chance to go for my live stock again . I know how to take care of the situation , and if it offends some of you then so be it, and get over it!! Just saying
Have you actually seen the dog "go for your livestock"?
Do you know it's illegal to harm the dog if it's NOT causing actual damage or being an active threat.

Do you know it's illegal to harm the dog if it's NOT causing actual damage or being an active threat.
I've been in this situation before and was threatened with a lawsuit after shooting a dog. They do not have to cause damage. You only have to perceive them as a threat, of course the animal should be on your property. And that dog sure looks threatening to me.

Do you know it's illegal to harm the dog if it's NOT causing actual damage  or being an active threat.
(1) In a county with a dog control program, upon finding a dog engaged in killing, wounding, injuring or chasing livestock or upon receipt from a complainant of evidence that a dog has been so engaged, the dog control officer or other law enforcement officer shall impound the dog.
OR ST
§ 609.155
In Texas, offending dogs share the same status as coyotes that destroy livestock.
(a) A dog or coyote that is attacking, is about to attack, or has recently attacked livestock, domestic animals, or fowls may be killed by:
(1) any person witnessing the attack; or
(2) the attacked animal's owner or a person acting on behalf of the owner if the owner or person has knowledge of the attack.
(b) A person who kills a dog or coyote as provided by this section is not liable for damages to the owner, keeper, or person in control of the dog or coyote.

In Texas mam, threatening dogs are treated the same as a Coyote. Now go read up some more on our Tx penal code , and you'll see plenty more including our trespassing laws that will really upset you apparently !

(1) In a county with a dog control program, upon finding a dog engaged in killing, wounding, injuring or chasing livestock or upon receipt from a complainant of evidence that a dog has been so engaged, the dog control officer or other law enforcement officer shall impound the dog.
OR ST
§ 609.155
In Texas, offending dogs share the same status as coyotes that destroy livestock.
(a) A dog or coyote that is attacking, is about to attack, or has recently attacked livestock, domestic animals, or fowls may be killed by:
(1) any person witnessing the attack; or
(2) the attacked animal's owner or a person acting on behalf of the owner if the owner or person has knowledge of the attack.
(b) A person who kills a dog or coyote as provided by this section is not liable for damages to the owner, keeper, or person in control of the dog or coyote.
In Texas mam, threatening dogs are treated the same as a Coyote. Now go read up some more on our Tx penal code , and you'll see plenty more including our trespassing laws that will really upset you apparently !

My husband wants to get the neighborhood dogs Bc they keep tearing our trash apart and getting it all over the yard....Hope they smarted up before he gets a rifle...........lol

Quote: Nothing in those statutes says anything about shooting a dog for just being on your property

The keyword is "engaged" as in, "in the act of"

Quote: I don't see "looking at some chickens" anywhere on that list

Back
Top Bottom