80sChick

Chirping
11 Years
Oct 9, 2009
Stanchfield, Minnesota
Hi all!
We just moved from Alaska to Minnesota, and we are FINALLY able to have chickens again! YAYYYY!! Because of the shortage of the breeds in the major online websites, I am going to buy fertilized eggs and try to hatch them. I also may have 2 Sebastopol goose eggs that are coming from a very reputable breeder, so I am VERY excited!!
I have 2 questions.... 1). What is the best, low cost, and high capacity incubator out there for a novice incubator user like me?
and 2). Can you incubate different species together? I would like to incubate my geese and chickens together if at all possible, instead of having to buy 2 separate models!
Thank you all so much in advance, I am SO excited to hear from all of you pros out there! Thank you in advance!

80sChick

Different species need different temperature and Humidity. You need to check it.

And i suggest buy good quality incubator which can give good success rate. And you will get more result

What price range and how many eggs at a time will you be incubating?
Well, I now have a Farm Innovators 4250 Pro series, so at least I have one...no idea how useful it is though. I have 12 barred rock and 12 white rock eggs coming, and 2 sebastopol goose eggs as well. I am worried about them all coming at different times. And the egg turner looks as if it is only for smaller eggs. I am such a novice. How do I even start? The barred and white rocks are coming from different people as well. Did I bite off more than I can chew here?

Last edited:
Different species need different temperature and Humidity. You need to check it.

And i suggest buy good quality incubator which can give good success rate. And you will get more result
That is not true. I went Ebay Chinese Incubator and successfully hatched almost all of my eggs bar one that pipped, zipped, but couldn't dip outta it's shell and sadly passed away. So no, low priced incubators doesn't necessarily mean low hatch rate. *drops mic*

Well, I now have a Farm Innovators 4250 Pro series, so at least I have one...no idea how useful it is though. I have 12 barred rock and 12 white rock eggs coming, and 2 sebastopol goose eggs as well. I am worried about them all coming at different times. And the egg turner looks as if it is only for smaller eggs. I am such a novice. How do I even start? The barred and white rocks are coming from different people as well. Did I bite off more than I can chew here?
I’m obviously late to the party but it may help someone searching for answers. I’ve had great success with my 4250 and it holds 41 eggs. Beyond that and you’re looking at very expensive cabinet incubators. Those get started at about $500 for a small one. I hope you had success with your hatch and I hate that I just now found the thread. One con of the 4250 is that the electronics can go batty due to not being sealed well enough from the humidity I guess. It still works great but I put a separate thermometer/hygrometer in mine to make sure everything is at a good level.

Yes this is for large capacity. more than 1000 eggs
all above post still not yet answer my question. maybe I ask in wrong forum.
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom