The Big Move

Pics

Pekinlover90

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 30, 2018
Okay, so I have had my two little ducklings about a week now. They are amazing and I love them already! However, I don't like my house smelling like damp petting zoo haha. I change the bedding once a day and still a little stinky. So my question is, can I move them out to the garage? We are building a really fancy set up for them for when they are feathered but I am wondering if they can go out to the garage now. We will still have a heat lamp on them, but I'm questioning it still since I live in southwest Wyoming where we are still getting snow. The lows during the day are 30* but obviously a tad warmer in the garage. and like I said they will still have the lamp. Please help!

Welcome. I am new to ducks to. So I will just say hi & welcome and let someone with greater knowledge tell you.
ducky.gif

I was wondering the same thing...I am getting my ducks soon. I would say it would be alright to use a garage. People are always saying garages work fine. My question is can we park in the garage? Well good luck with those little ducklings!!!!:thumbsup

Okay, thanks for the help! Also I am seeing a lot about oyster shell and grit, are these different things or the same thing? Also how much do the go through on average?

I was wondering the same thing...I am getting my ducks soon. I would say it would be alright to use a garage. People are always saying garages work fine. My question is can we park in the garage? Well good luck with those little ducklings!!!!:thumbsup

I would say no because of the cold air draft when you open the door and also because of the carbon monoxide. But that's just me playing it safe!

I see what you mean and I am going to consider that. Oyster shell: is used for adding calcium to a females diet. Grit: the ducks eat it when they need it to store in there gizzard to break down food.

Okay, I will probably wait on the Oyster shell. They are feed store ducks so we aren't sure on what breed they are, how old they actually are, or what sex they are. Just my luck though that I got them for eggs and they will probably both be males haha! Anyone know of a way to determine sex other than venting, or adult feathers?

Back
Top Bottom