The birb king's chickens

Pics
I will take a look at that. I am thinking to keep them away from the chickens I will put them in their winter cage and then put them in the old goat barn.
Quail should really never be mixed with chickens. They both carry things they can pass to each other even though you don't see any symptoms. They say at least 30 feet apart.

Well as you know, a few weeks ago I had 2 Serama chicks naturally hatch. Sadly we lost both of them. After that the 3 broody Serama mothers became none broody and just went on with their lives. I really wanted some naturally raised Serama chicks, but after that I had kinda given up hope. But a fee minutes ago when I went to check on them, looks like this lovely lady decided she wanted to go broody! I knew she liked chicks and knew it was only a matter if time before she would want to be a mom. She only has 2 eggs currently but I will give her more as the hens lay more. I'm so proud of her! 🥹

Attachments

• 20230612_183150.jpg
    20230612_183150.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 9
I have a broody Marans hen named Muffin and she has been broody for about 2 months and has no eggs. I have tried to break her multiple times but she just doesn't budge. I'm thinking I will take a couple of the new chicks and sneak them under her so she can have some children to raise. The pigeon thinks she is his mate and keeps bringing her nesting material and trying to mate with her 😂

Attachments

• 20230612_183309.jpg
    20230612_183309.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 8
I have a broody Marans hen named Muffin and she has been broody for about 2 months and has no eggs. I have tried to break her multiple times but she just doesn't budge. I'm thinking I will take a couple of the new chicks and sneak them under her so she can have some children to raise. The pigeon thinks she is his mate and keeps bringing her nesting material and trying to mate with her 😂
Being broody this long, she sounds like a good candidate for a wonderful broody, sneak some chicks under her fluff tonight!

Back
Top Bottom