The BlackAdder with Rowan Atkinson

Another vote for Pinkie and the Brain! I'm asking for a boxed set of Black Adder for Christmas, as well as a film noir collection.....

29eea01a-51a8-4c70-910b-b81838e77ffc.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist!
tongue.png

"Have you ever been to Wales, Baldrick?"
"No, but I've often thought I'd like to."
"Well don't, it's a ghastly place. Huge gangs of tough sinewy men roam the valleys terrifying people with their close harmony singing. You need half a pint of phlegm in your throat just to pronounce the
placenames. Never ask for directions in Wales Baldrick, you'll be washing spit out of your hair for a fortnight."

- Edmund & Baldrick

"The Germans are such a cruel and inhuman race, they have no word for fluffy"
- Black Adder 4

Blackadder (to Percy): You ride a horse rather less well than another horse would. Your brain would make a grain of sand look large and ungainly and the part of you that can't be mentioned, I am reliably informed by women around the Court, wouldn't be worth mentioning even if it could be.

"Have you ever been to Wales, Baldrick?"
"No, but I've often thought I'd like to."
"Well don't, it's a ghastly place. Huge gangs of tough sinewy men roam the valleys terrifying people with their close harmony singing. You need half a pint of phlegm in your throat just to pronounce the
placenames. Never ask for directions in Wales Baldrick, you'll be washing spit out of your hair for a fortnight."

- Edmund & Baldrick

Quote:
it's called "the good life" originally, if you can't find it online under the title they changed it to for the American market (why do they do that?) try looking under the title they originally gave it over here.

Penelope Keith (Margo in The Good Life) also starred in To The Manor Born, which is possibly where the confusion came in

I bought the boxed sets of To The Manor Born, Pie in the Sky, and Hallelujah. We've started watching Pie in the Sky, and like it. I'm also watching what I can get of Doc Martin, on my computer, and like that series also. May end up having to get that series also. I love the British TV shows; they're much better than the reality drivel passing for entertainment on TV. I mean, really, cupcake wars? would-be fashion designers? wealthy housewives in various cities? Does anybody watch this stuff, and is there really another half who lives like that?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom