The boys..aka the bulls

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by rooster0209, May 16, 2008.

1. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    Finally the bulls are here. I was warned not to spoil them. Apparantly spoiled bulls do not make good pets. It's calving season so the bulls had to leave the ladies. They dont look to miserable.

[​IMG]

and my barn..my favorite place..cool and quiet
    [​IMG]

and my guineas enjoying the fact that spring is finally here
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  2. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    I love your property! Those guineas really look like they're enjoying themselves!

Can I see the inside of your barn?

3. peruvian_princess

peruvian_princess Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Fayetteville, Georgia
    CAn I come live with you?? I can be your maid for room and board oh and of course i would have to come with all my critters too LOL! [​IMG]

4. rooster0209

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    Sure come on to ND. I have 3 empty rooms upstairs and all the acreage you need...just how many critters are we talking about.

The barn was built for milk cows. The side sliding doors open into the feeding/milking bunks. The back half is dirt floor for the cows. The front half is concrete. there is loft above the milking bunks with some remnants of the milking age. I had kittens up there a few years back. Spent lots of time sitting up there and spoiling them rotten.

5. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    The bulls look quite content as do the Guineas. Nice pictures and barn. Don't you just love the smell when you open the door? I can't live without it.

6. peruvian_princess

May 1, 2008
    Fayetteville, Georgia
    Oh not that many at all I have about 100 guinea pigs, about 30 or so chickens, 6 cockatiels and 3 dogs so not that many at all. Seriously though your property is soo super nice! It looks so peaceful!

7. rooster0209

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    Our house was built before the war and finished afterwards by my DH's grandparents. They finished the concrete basement and lived down there until the war was over and could finish the house.

This is the working outhouse (I cannot imaging using it) But I love old outhouses.
    [​IMG]

They also raised bees to pollinate the fruit trees and crops. It has seen better days, but this is the old bee hut.
    [​IMG]

I think the ice on the trees was just too pretty to not capture.

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  8. peruvian_princess

May 1, 2008
    Fayetteville, Georgia
    Soo beautiful!

9. countyroad1330

countyroad1330 Thunder Snow 2009!

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    All our cows have calved, I think you need to let me babysit your bulls for a couple weeks. [​IMG]

Looks and sounds like you have a wonderful home. [​IMG]

10. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Love that family history but what war are you talking about? Also LOVE the outhouse and that little bee house would make a nice extra coop!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by