The boys..aka the bulls

rooster0209

Songster
11 Years
Apr 7, 2008
North Dakota
Finally the bulls are here. I was warned not to spoil them. Apparantly spoiled bulls do not make good pets. It's calving season so the bulls had to leave the ladies. They dont look to miserable.

IMG_0645.jpg

and my barn..my favorite place..cool and quiet
IMG_0652.jpg

and my guineas enjoying the fact that spring is finally here
IMG_0651.jpg

Last edited:
Sure come on to ND. I have 3 empty rooms upstairs and all the acreage you need...just how many critters are we talking about.

The barn was built for milk cows. The side sliding doors open into the feeding/milking bunks. The back half is dirt floor for the cows. The front half is concrete. there is loft above the milking bunks with some remnants of the milking age. I had kittens up there a few years back. Spent lots of time sitting up there and spoiling them rotten.

Our house was built before the war and finished afterwards by my DH's grandparents. They finished the concrete basement and lived down there until the war was over and could finish the house.

This is the working outhouse (I cannot imaging using it) But I love old outhouses.
pictures0072.jpg

They also raised bees to pollinate the fruit trees and crops. It has seen better days, but this is the old bee hut.
pictures008.jpg

I think the ice on the trees was just too pretty to not capture.

Last edited:
All our cows have calved, I think you need to let me babysit your bulls for a couple weeks.
big_smile.png

Looks and sounds like you have a wonderful home.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom