THE Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco Thread; Hatches, etc. (PICS)

For those of you that set your eggs using egg cartons... Did you bleach the cartons to kill any bacteria before setting the eggs? How was your hatch rate? Setting eggs tomorrow & would really love to try this. Thanks in advance for any suggestions / replies.
thumbsup.gif
I've done both, with and without cartons. I did not bleach the cartons, I used the cardboard ones. I cut the bottom out of the egg holes for circulation took the eggs out of the turner, put them in the egg carton and set them in my other hova bator that I use for hatching. As for the hatch rate, it was no different then any other way. With shipped eggs, they are always different. lol The best thing I like about using the cartons is that the ones that hatch first, don't roll the other eggs around like bowling pens. lol
Jim
Hope this helps you.

Hey guys, this question is probably on here somewhere but I didn't see it on the pages I looked at.
With this incubator do the majority have more luck dry incubating of setting with water in the canals? Do you fill one canal till day 18?

Hey guys, this question is probably on here somewhere but I didn't see it on the pages I looked at.
With this incubator do the majority have more luck dry incubating of setting with water in the canals? Do you fill one canal till day 18?
Go to page 36 and then read a few pages. There is lots on there that will help you out

Thank you!
Page 33 shows how I did the paper towels for hatching if you are going to hatch in the Brinsea. I personally didn't like it for hatching. It's to small. I used a styrofoam hova bator for hatching. There is a lot more room in them. If your chicks are very large, they really can't stand up good in the Brinsea ECO 30 without banging their heads. lol If you have very many eggs in there it is really small. I really do like it for incubating though.
Jim

Page 33 shows how I did the paper towels for hatching if you are going to hatch in the Brinsea. I personally didn't like it for hatching. It's to small. I used a styrofoam hova bator for hatching. There is a lot more room in them. If your chicks are very large, they really can't stand up good in the Brinsea ECO 30 without banging their heads. lol If you have very many eggs in there it is really small. I really do like it for incubating though.
Jim
I just went through some of the pages and posted information and pictures on my web site if you want to look. Just click my user name and it will give you my site address.
Jim

I love the sponges in the canal. I am thinking I am going to buy the most basic styrofoam bator for hatching because I have heard numerous times it's just too small. Plus, I like the idea of getting to set every 18 days :D

I love the sponges in the canal. I am thinking I am going to buy the most basic styrofoam bator for hatching because I have heard numerous times it's just too small. Plus, I like the idea of getting to set every 18 days
big_smile.png
The one I use for hatching is the model 2362N. Not saying to get this one, it is just the one that I use. I fill up all the spaces with water just before I put the eggs in and it last long enough for them to hatch. Then clean it out and get ready for the next bunch. ha,ha. I can see that you are loving the idea of hatching out these little biddies. Best of luck to you in all your ventures. I also have posted on my site the best days for setting eggs for 2013 from the Farmers Almanac. I don't know if it works any better or not but the old timers really went by the Almanac for many things. lol
Jim

Hi I email them that sales the 2362N and ask them about hatchng emu eggs and they said that the 2362N was what I needed? they said it will hold 5 to 6 emu eggs what I want to know is anyone else used this inbator for emu eggs/if so how did it do? and what temp do I need to set ti at? and how many times aday do I need to turn the eggs? and does it matter the time that I turn them? or just as long as I turn them? I hered you are to turn them 3 times a day/ say like in the morrow and then in the afternoon and then at night? is that right? so please let me know iof you have any info on this ..

Thanks so very much for any help:)

Back
Top Bottom