The Buckeye Thread

If there's anyone out there who'd like to trade their snow for my ice, I'm game.    (welcome to the 'Sunny' South)

Lol! I've lived through your ice storms down there. I'll keep all the snow. Birds are stir crazy but at least I can get to them without slipping on my behind.

Best of luck it looks nasty down there right now.

I was in Eureka/Ferndale at that show too. It was hardly raining there.

Walt

I knew you were there but you always seemed pretty busy, and I was too shy to say hello... I spent most of the day over with the girls watching them compete in the showmanship/avian bowl building. Dr. Bradley spent a lot of time working with them and I think they learned a lot, which was terrific.

Last edited:
I knew you were there but you always seemed pretty busy, and I was too shy to say hello... I spent most of the day over with the girls watching them compete in the showmanship/avian bowl building. Dr. Bradley spent a lot of time working with them and I think they learned a lot, which was terrific.

Next time introduce yourself. I just look busy........There were some Buckeye's there.....we could have gone over them. Dr Bradley does a good job with the kids. I have known her since she was a student.

w.

Thanks everyone who offered their help to me in finding some of Laura's birds yesterday, she is sold out already. However I did order a trio from a wonderful source that was recomended to me.
I should be able to pick them up in either June or July... Very excited! I told Laura Hagerty on her Buckey page on Facebook and she told me he had wonderful birds that I would not be disappointed!
And the great part is they are in Alabama so not so far to drive to get them.

Thanks everyone who offered their help to me in finding some of Laura's birds yesterday, she is sold out already. However I did order a trio from a wonderful source that was recomended to me.
I should be able to pick them up in either June or July... Very excited! I told Laura Hagerty on her Buckey page on Facebook and she told me he had wonderful birds that I would not be disappointed!
And the great part is they are in Alabama so not so far to drive to get them.

Good luck with them. Make sure they match SOP. Unless you just want them for the barn yard. What line did you end up getting as I've not heard of a big breeder in Alabama?

Good luck with them. Make sure they match SOP. Unless you just want them for the barn yard. What line did you end up getting as I've not heard of a big breeder in Alabama?

There are some top notch gamefowl breeders in Alabama! But that is just my opinion; others may disagree. Not everybody views birds the same way. The only thing that matters is that you are happy.

Last edited:
Chris McCary is the president of the American Buckeye Poultry Club and the one I am getting my trio from. Laura Hagarty told me he has awesome birds and that I would not be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom