The Bully

GPowell

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 17, 2014
Eastern North Carolina

This is "Minion" she is number 2 in the pecking order. Tonight when it was time for the rest of the gang to go roost for the night she would stand at the coop entrance and wouldn't let anyone else in. She would bump, and peck all who dared to enter.
smack.gif
The rest of the hens get along fine with each other. She is the only one that like to start crap, and flaunt her little tail feathers. The number 1 hen on the pecking order, "Queen" was nestled up on her roost bar inside the coop watching. I took Minion out of the coop tonight and put her in a dog crate inside the garage. She needs to get knocked down off of her little pedestal that she's on. Minion will not leave the Queen's side. what ever and where ever the Queen does or goes, Minion is right there on her 6. Queen knows her spot and doesn't have to prove it to anyone. She does the occasional peck or chest bump but honestly the rest of the hens just know.
How long should I keep minion in solitary confinement?
Should I let her out in the morning to range around the yard with the others?
Any help dealing with a bully hen would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

You can certainly try it. Buff Orps aren't usualy a bullying type, so maybe it will work. But if she is a "hard case," you may need to maintain the separation for a week.

Back
Top Bottom