The Bunny Chat Thread - For Bunny Owners

I went and found 'baby' pictures of Pumpkin of when we first got her a few years ago... She was such a tiny little thing! So adorable. I think she was roughly 6 months old or so when we got her...? She was a find that we adopted through a rescue.

In all honesty, I'm a little curious if she got dumped because of her breed. Perhaps not, who knows why people dump their pets. :( I say that though because recently I wanted to do research on the Harlequin breed, and I learned she's got a very 'wrong' coloration/fur pattern show-wise. She's not supposed to have any white on her and is supposed to have a much clearer pattern, too. I could care less though, since she's beautiful and perfect to me. :love

I think Pumpkin has really got me very interested in Harlequin rabbits, though. I would love love love to get another one day, or maybe even breed them if I can make a plan and get buyers. I've also heard they are naturally sweet and good natured, which perfectly describes Pumpkin, so I'm sold on that end aha. While both colorations of Harlequins are gorgeous, magpies are just 😍 (Google if you've never seen one or either! Pumpkin isn't a perfect example of a 'proper' colored Harlequin)

Anyways, here's a little photo dump of my cutie. :) We got her in October five years ago, actually. Not enough time with this sweet little bunny, but I've treasured every moment with her. ❤

Attachments

• IMG_1271.JPG
    IMG_1271.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1274.JPG
    IMG_1274.JPG
    740.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1619.JPG
    IMG_1619.JPG
    639.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1625.JPG
    IMG_1625.JPG
    811.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1641.JPG
    IMG_1641.JPG
    566.9 KB · Views: 5
I went and found 'baby' pictures of Pumpkin of when we first got her a few years ago... She was such a tiny little thing! So adorable. I think she was roughly 6 months old or so when we got her...? She was a find that we adopted through a rescue.

In all honesty, I'm a little curious if she got dumped because of her breed. Perhaps not, who knows why people dump their pets. :( I say that though because recently I wanted to do research on the Harlequin breed, and I learned she's got a very 'wrong' coloration/fur pattern show-wise. She's not supposed to have any white on her and is supposed to have a much clearer pattern, too. I could care less though, since she's beautiful and perfect to me. :love

I think Pumpkin has really got me very interested in Harlequin rabbits, though. I would love love love to get another one day, or maybe even breed them if I can make a plan and get buyers. I've also heard they are naturally sweet and good natured, which perfectly describes Pumpkin, so I'm sold on that end aha. While both colorations of Harlequins are gorgeous, magpies are just 😍 (Google if you've never seen one or either! Pumpkin isn't a perfect example of a 'proper' colored Harlequin)

Anyways, here's a little photo dump of my cutie. :) We got her in October five years ago, actually. Not enough time with this sweet little bunny, but I've treasured every moment with her. ❤
She’s gorgeous! Her colours are so pretty.

I can't tell if she is fawn or magpie.... The colors aren't great.
She looks like a normal harlequin to me, though. I don't see anything drastically mismarked about her except the ears and that's normal. You get sports and mismarked rabbits in every litter. Like I wouldn't breed her because of that but it's very normal... I'm breeding harli rex and tri rex rn. Harli is just a tricky one to get right.

I can't tell if she is fawn or magpie.... The colors aren't great.
She looks like a normal harlequin to me, though. I don't see anything drastically mismarked about her except the ears and that's normal. You get sports and mismarked rabbits in every litter. Like I wouldn't breed her because of that but it's very normal... I'm breeding harli rex and tri rex rn. Harli is just a tricky one to get right.
Oh okay, I was just going off a basic google search so thank you for correcting me! She's just a pet anyways, so she was spayed a long time ago. I also read that it's pretty normal to get mismarked rabbits, I can imagine it can be difficult to get a 'proper' pattern!

I believe she is fawn? I got a few better pictures of her as an adult from the other year or so, I've attached them here. I feel like I have better ones somewhere lol but these were the best ones I could find quickly on my phone.

Attachments

• 20191213_134721.jpg
    20191213_134721.jpg
    498.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20191112_153005.jpg
    20191112_153005.jpg
    770.6 KB · Views: 4
I think I figured it out. I think she's a blanket pattern broken or maybe vienna (dutch) marked. I don't think she's a purebred. That face confused me - a white face is weird in Harlequins. She's SO pretty though! I'd consider myself lucky to have such a uniquely decorated rabbit. :)

It's VERY common to get mismarked rabbits. :)

Hi! Does anyone have any good suggestions for a wire playpen I can use as a bunny run? I've been surfing Amazon but none of them seem right. Either the spacing is too wide, or the wall isn't high enough. What do you guys use?
I use this as his cage... the only thing is he has chewed a hole in the net.. but we shoved a towel in it and haven’t had anymore issues... it was only $23 on Amazon... He goes potty in the small tub so it’s really easy to clean..
A018E0CD-53D2-48D6-87D9-91C956A141D3.jpeg
FAB002E0-CF42-4240-8103-431651B8A63A.jpeg

I think I figured it out. I think she's a blanket pattern broken or maybe vienna (dutch) marked. I don't think she's a purebred. That face confused me - a white face is weird in Harlequins. She's SO pretty though! I'd consider myself lucky to have such a uniquely decorated rabbit. :)

It's VERY common to get mismarked rabbits. :)
Thank you! I've always doubted if she was purebred, too. She's smaller than the average size for Harlequin does too, or at least what I googled. She weighs about 6 pounds but I heard does can go upwards to 9 pounds. But yes! thank you. She is such a gorgeous bun with a lovely personality. I'm so sad that I'm going to lose her, it still doesn't feel real. At least she has a few more good months left with me.

Honestly, if I don't breed, I'd love to find more rescues like her--I think that the mismarked rabbits are just as pretty in their own ways :)

Back
Top Bottom