The Bunny Chat Thread - For Bunny Owners

Pics
Maybe you could set up a large hutch with an enclosed area for them to exercise in? Kinda like a chicken coop. This way they'd have a little more space to run about in. They'll really need exercise to keep them happy and healthy so the bigger the better. They could also have shade with way. You could put up a fan in the summer and a heater for winter. I would also keep them off wire. They don't have paw pads on their feet ya'know so it can become very painful and it can easily become infected. And be sure that you dig down into the ground when enclosing the run, otherwise animals will dig under to eat your rabbits.

Edit:
To fix the flood problem you could raise the whole thing up off the ground and add grass in the run. This could also help keep predators away.

Raising something up might be a bit tricky due to the set up of my property, hard to explain but I have to purchase dirt for them to tunnel in. I was going to make a raised bed about 6 feet wide and 2 feet long. line the bottom of the raised bed with the Rabbit Cage flooring wire, then the sides with the same hardware cloth (keeps snakes out. and then at a certain height move to a larger wire to keep raccoons out. and roof it up at a height I can walk in there. Let them run around up top, and make tunnels/dens beneath. However thats expensive. to build, what ever I do build will be a giant cage that keeps most snakes out. I also want to build 2 of them in an attempt to keep brothers and sister separated. If they are in the cages still on monday (likely as things take time to develop) I will be getting a cat harness/Leash and taking them for walks in cool shaded areas. If they start hopping fast I will have to run and keep up with them.

IMG_20200703_111805.jpg
Heres Mochi. Don't have pics of Clem yet

Sophie never ceases to make me laugh. Sometimes she jumps on top of her hutch in the run, and just lays there soaking up sun.

She also is quite a fighter when she wants to be. She killed a stray cat that went after the chickens once, and she chased off a red tail hawk once.

She knows her limits, though. The only thing she runs for cover from is Eagles.

She is Sophie, the Mighty Rabbit.

Ok. So I found a small wound (4 millimetres wide, 2 deep) on my new bunny, Clementine's back. No idea how it happened, I just got her. My only idea is I was trying to see how she and Mochi, another baby, did together, but I was watching them. Anyways, I put some Betadine spray on the wound. I'm worried she might lick it. It is under her fur though, help!

Back
Top Bottom