The Bunny Chat Thread - For Bunny Owners

Pics
One section I don't know a whole lot on for my article is what work to expect on a weekly basis. What are y'alls weekly rabbit routines (cleaning, feeding, playtime, ect)?
Feeding I do 2 times a day with leafy greens and veggies. Hay needs to be a constant and pellets I give them the recommended amount daily.

I clean their cage daily and clean their litter box every other day

Playtime is all day every day. Mine usually sleep during the night while I’m sleeping and they’re up all day.

I give a constant water supply as well

Brushing is every other day here

Feeding I do 2 times a day with leafy greens and veggies. Hay needs to be a constant and pellets I give them the recommended amount daily.

I clean their cage daily and clean their litter box every other day

Playtime is all day every day. Mine usually sleep during the night while I’m sleeping and they’re up all day.

I give a constant water supply as well

Brushing is every other day here
Thabks for the info! This really helps.

How often do you have to clip nails?

One section I don't know a whole lot on for my article is what work to expect on a weekly basis. What are y'alls weekly rabbit routines (cleaning, feeding, playtime, ect)?
I clean my rabbit's litter box 3 times a week and do a whole cage clean about once or twice a month. With the litterbox cleanings, I switch his toys out so that he doesn't get too bored of them.
I feed him some of this herb salad stuff for rabbits in the mornings along with a chunk of timothy hay in the morning that is refilled in the evening. In the evening, he gets a little less than half a cup of pellets.
He's let out to roam and play in my bedroom whenever I'm home and he's sometimes left out if I have to run to town for something or someone else is at the house. So he's out in the mornings for around an hour and half-ish and then let out again around 4 or 5 o'clock-ish. He gets put up before I go to bed (so around 10 or 12 o'clock). He roams the room all day on the weekends.

Where did y'all get your rabbits from?
I actually got 2 of mine from my local animal shelter. They were both purebred. My American fuzzy lop just passed away at eight but I still have a Dutch that I got there and he’s 6-7 years old. The others came from one rabbit I bought at an auction that I didn’t know was pregnant. I currently am down to eight. All the ones from the shelter are spayed and neutered too.

For me I give them fresh water once every morning along with hay and pellets. They get pellets once a day. I try to do a basic clean of their cage once a week and will rake up any fallen poop or hay, with irregular deep cleans every month or so. I'm not as consistent with these cleans as I want, lol, although that's partly because their cage never gets dirty enough to be an actual concern. I let them run around once a day or every few days, although that'll change once I make them a run so they can have exercise every day.

For other maintenance I groom them every few days whenever they start molting and will trim nails whenever they get long. I try to do checks of eyes, ears, mouth and overall body check-ups during these times as well.

Back
Top Bottom