The Bunny Chat Thread - For Bunny Owners

Pics
Why?

I was worried about my puppy more than anything.

I bet my bunnies would be fine. I want to make sure they get the best care.
I shake even more when I take them to get groomed. I get anxiety attacks and I feel like I'm going to throw up. Rosie's no knot got butchered once. That was a horrible day.

Mine was a rescue so... :idunno

Not gonna have not gotten him.
I think FC was just saying if they had a choice they wouldn’t get it docked, like if it was from a breeder or something, not that they wouldn’t rescue one that was already done. But idk.
I would have adopted a mixed dog but I have allergies and we didn't want to risk it. Health and behavioral issues are common in rescues that was something we didn't want to deal with. And it could be expensive.
Anyways, if I went to a rescue I would come home with all the dogs.

We got smaller dog just because we don't have a very large yard for one to exercise. My dogs will tire after a short walk or fetch.
Not all rescues have issues. My brother and his wife have rescued 3 and fostered like 3 or 4 more plus a couple overnight fosters and every single one has been amazing and had like no issues and fit right into the pack. Of course most were untrained/knew nothing and a little skinny but nothing severe. One had like some allergies/skin thing and extremely skinny but both were solved with good food. Some of them had minor anxiety but nothing major.

The only thing they’ve had is one of their adopted dogs is a pretty nervous/anxious dog but he’s gotten a lot more confident as he’s gotten older. He used to be super nervous and afraid of everything but not now. And even despite being a little bit anxious, he is an amazing dog and their most obedient one 😂🤣 happiest boy and the “softest” of the 3. Just wants to please and be loved.

Of course all of theirs they have gotten as puppies but still. Even the older fosters (think their oldest was 18 months) haven’t had issues. Just untrained.

Theirs are also all really healthy. Well, the oldest one has had a few weird medical things but I don’t think it was related to health or being a rescue. Just a coincidence/accident.

I think FC was just saying if they had a choice they wouldn’t get it docked, like if it was from a breeder or something, not that they wouldn’t rescue one that was already done. But idk.

Not all rescues have issues. My brother and his wife have rescued 3 and fostered like 3 or 4 more plus a couple overnight fosters and every single one has been amazing and had like no issues and fit right into the pack. Of course most were untrained/knew nothing and a little skinny but nothing severe. One had like some allergies/skin thing and extremely skinny but both were solved with good food. Some of them had minor anxiety but nothing major.

The only thing they’ve had is one of their adopted dogs is a pretty nervous/anxious dog but he’s gotten a lot more confident as he’s gotten older. He used to be super nervous and afraid of everything but not now. And even despite being a little bit anxious, he is an amazing dog and their most obedient one 😂🤣 happiest boy and the “softest” of the 3. Just wants to please and be loved.

Of course all of theirs they have gotten as puppies but still. Even the older fosters (think their oldest was 18 months) haven’t had issues. Just untrained.

Theirs are also all really healthy. Well, the oldest one has had a few weird medical things but I don’t think it was related to health or being a rescue. Just a coincidence/accident.
I’d rescue a dog with a docked tail or clipped ears... I don’t buy from breeders. Most are overrated... I rescue dogs. Whoever needs me the most. Once they pass I’ll get a new one and continue until the day I pass on.

Learn to cut it yourself. That’s what I do. I don’t have to worry about anyone messing up
There are two groomer at the place we take them. One lady does a great job, the other... The owner (the one that's does a good job) offered to teach me about grooming so I may do that in the future.

I’d rescue a dog with a docked tail or clipped ears... I don’t buy from breeders. Most are overrated... I rescue dogs. Whoever needs me the most. Once they pass I’ll get a new one and continue until the day I pass on.
Yeah that makes sense!! I love rescues. :love

Plus to me it’s so much more fun and more rewarding teaching an older dog their obedience and stuff than a blank slate pup. You get to watch the light turn on or like for example watching a shy, anxious, or insecure dog open up finally is amazing. :love

Yeah that makes sense!! I love rescues. :love

Plus to me it’s so much more fun and more rewarding teaching an older dog their obedience and stuff than a blank slate pup. You get to watch the light turn on or like for example watching a shy, anxious, or insecure dog open up finally is amazing. :love
My next rescue will be for predator protection... I’m thinking about a Coonhound.

Yeah like cutting your fingers off at the middle knuckle.

I really don’t like when dogs ears and tails are clipped. I also don’t see the point in declaw removal. It’s there for a reason!
I do not even like clipping wings on chickens but I have had to do it a few times. Then I bought a giant roll of bird netting and covered all my chicken runs... with a few exceptions where meat birds or just non flighty birds end up.

I know it doesn't hurt them to clip the wings but I just feel guilty when I alter and animal

Back
Top Bottom