The Bunny Chat Thread - For Bunny Owners

Unfortunately, looking it over, I don't think the prognosis on that bunny is good and I don't think there's anything I could offer to help. :( It could be literally anything, like it could be poisoning or accidental ingestion, gi stasis, blockage, cancer, severe infection.... Only a vet can really help when it's this bad and I don't think they could even do that much. Sad tho.

Unfortunately, looking it over, I don't think the prognosis on that bunny is good and I don't think there's anything I could offer to help. :( It could be literally anything, like it could be poisoning or accidental ingestion, gi stasis, blockage, cancer, severe infection.... Only a vet can really help when it's this bad and I don't think they could even do that much. Sad tho.
They said the fur is turning yellow. Sounds like some sort of rupture or organ failure. I know in humans a burst appendix causes a purple rash and liver issues cause yellowing of our skin, but rabbits? 🤷‍♀️

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes for Pumpkin. :)

Right now she's still doing great, although being a big pain in the butt about taking her meds. :rolleyes: Pumpkin has never been sick or had any issues before and so I learned that she does NOT like syringe feeding...it was pretty funny though watching as I tried to use a little water to get the last of the meds in her, but she never even swallowed--just let it all dribble out. :gig I've since learned to only use a fairly thick mixture of critical care (which I use for syringe feeding things like crushed up pills, which her antibiotic is in that form) for her lol. We're probably gonna have to pick up some different kind of veggies I think to encourage her to eat the antibiotics and the probiotics so I don't have to syringe feed every time... so far I've been mostly able to put them in a treat but she's a smart one and it doesn't always work.

Probably later I will talk to my mom again about getting an estimate for a draining. I hope everyone else and their rabbits are doing well. :)

I see there hasn't been a lot of posts lately... How has everyone and their rabbits been? :)

Sorry if I have been posting a lot lately lol. But anyways, I was going to mention that sadly, we are not going ahead with the draining. I had not realized we had gotten an estimate for it; the sheet was confusing to me. It's just very expensive and there may be even more costs for Xrays and such, and I have to think of this rationally as well as emotionally. Plus, there is no guarantee that draining it will help any, since I know abscesses and particularly infections are very aggressive. :(
I'm just grateful for the years I've had with Pumpkin, and I'm glad I gave her a good life. I hope her last few weeks or months (I'm uncertain when we will need to put her down--so far the abscess has not grown anymore) will be just as good. It's certainly rewarding to know you have rescued an animal and have given it a good, healthy life. We got her from a shelter who had found her in a parking lot, most likely dumped. She's been such a good little bunny. It's so hard to make decisions like this, but it is in her best interest, not just mine only.

I see there hasn't been a lot of posts lately... How has everyone and their rabbits been? :)

Sorry if I have been posting a lot lately lol. But anyways, I was going to mention that sadly, we are not going ahead with the draining. I had not realized we had gotten an estimate for it; the sheet was confusing to me. It's just very expensive and there may be even more costs for Xrays and such, and I have to think of this rationally as well as emotionally. Plus, there is no guarantee that draining it will help any, since I know abscesses and particularly infections are very aggressive. :(
I'm just grateful for the years I've had with Pumpkin, and I'm glad I gave her a good life. I hope her last few weeks or months (I'm uncertain when we will need to put her down--so far the abscess has not grown anymore) will be just as good. It's certainly rewarding to know you have rescued an animal and have given it a good, healthy life. We got her from a shelter who had found her in a parking lot, most likely dumped. She's been such a good little bunny. It's so hard to make decisions like this, but it is in her best interest, not just mine only.
:hugs:hugs:hugs

20200926_204026.jpg
wht type of bunnies are these? These can be found in like every pet shop here

:hugs

Back
Top Bottom