The Bunny Chat Thread - For Bunny Owners

Hello! I have two outdoor rabbits in a shed in Wisconsin. The 2 yr old female Momo builds herself nice cozy burrows into the hay and looks so warm and toasty. The 6 mo old male Cloud just sits on top of the hay in the corner of his cage? Everytime I try to build him a cardboard box hay nest he destroys it and then sits on top. Is this something he will learn with age, as it gets colder, or do I need to build him a wood house he cannot mess up? It's 25F here right now, will be below 0 often during winter.

Hello! I have two outdoor rabbits in a shed in Wisconsin. The 2 yr old female Momo builds herself nice cozy burrows into the hay and looks so warm and toasty. The 6 mo old male Cloud just sits on top of the hay in the corner of his cage? Everytime I try to build him a cardboard box hay nest he destroys it and then sits on top. Is this something he will learn with age, as it gets colder, or do I need to build him a wood house he cannot mess up? It's 25F here right now, will be below 0 often during winter.
Mine do the same thing. I have one that builds the tunnels and the others just smush everything. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ Go ahead and get him a wood house, but as long as theyre out if draft they should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom