The Bunny Chat Thread - For Bunny Owners

Hello Bunny people!! I was just wondering if anyone has good suggestions for bunny treats! I usually give my little Rabbi those little heart shaped oxbow treats in a few different flavors, but I think she is getting quite bored with them lately as she has just been leaving them on the floor. Id love to hear some of your bunnies favorite brands and types of treats!

Yogurt treats are fine but extra high in sugar and not much else. My rabbits always like parsley, it's their absolute most favorite. but they also like apples, banana (dried is good too), carrots, celery, etc. In general a strong tasting plant is more likely to be loved than a mild one.

If you want something more shelf stable you could try dehydrating vegetables and fruits and giving those. Unsweetened dehydrated fruits are a great snack. I've heard papaya is really good for digestion

Yogurt treats are fine but extra high in sugar and not much else. My rabbits always like parsley, it's their absolute most favorite. but they also like apples, banana (dried is good too), carrots, celery, etc. In general a strong tasting plant is more likely to be loved than a mild one.

If you want something more shelf stable you could try dehydrating vegetables and fruits and giving those. Unsweetened dehydrated fruits are a great snack. I've heard papaya is really good for digestion
Awesome thanks! Yeah I am looking for something with a longer shelf life than regular produce. I gave her yogurt treats at first but after researching about them a little bit I decided not to. I think dehydrated fruits are a great idea I'll try some out!

Awesome thanks! Yeah I am looking for something with a longer shelf life than regular produce. I gave her yogurt treats at first but after researching about them a little bit I decided not to. I think dehydrated fruits are a great idea I'll try some out!

Just make sure you're going for ones with no Sulphur or sugar added!

Hello Bunny people!! I was just wondering if anyone has good suggestions for bunny treats! I usually give my little Rabbi those little heart shaped oxbow treats in a few different flavors, but I think she is getting quite bored with them lately as she has just been leaving them on the floor. Id love to hear some of your bunnies favorite brands and types of treats!
A slice of apple, an inch piece of banana, a couple of baby carrots, a few grapes, a strawberry, one of my buns likes sweet peppers the other not so much. They both love these meadow grass mini hay bales I found at walmart also.

Back
Top Bottom