The Bunny Chat Thread - For Bunny Owners

20210413_162405.jpg
20210413_162620.jpg

Found a breeder with these 2 babies for sale. Might buy the white one. Its a male and 3 months old. The blue one is 2 months old and a female. Did alot of research on how to take care of baby bunnies and also I did find alfa hay. Do u guys have any tips on taking care of baby rabbits? I decided to get one of these because the English angora is a little expensive compared to its quality and is also very weak. I think this breeder uses pellets.

View attachment 2613888View attachment 2613890
Found a breeder with these 2 babies for sale. Might buy the white one. Its a male and 3 months old. The blue one is 2 months old and a female. Did alot of research on how to take care of baby bunnies and also I did find alfa hay. Do u guys have any tips on taking care of baby rabbits? I decided to get one of these because the English angora is a little expensive compared to its quality and is also very weak. I think this breeder uses pellets.
Aww, they are adorable!!! 😍😍😍😍

I don't know as much about a caring for babies as other members herw so but just be aware that he will have LOTS of energy and once he's a teen his litter habbits will get worse and he may be territorial and even a bit aggressive at times. Once he's a bit older those problems should get better but of course getting him fixed around that time is the besr thing to do.
Be sure to do extra bunny proofing and close off any spaces he could squeeze into and get in trouble or hurt. Baby bunnies can squeeze through the tiniest of spaces. It's crazy!

Have you thought of any names yet?

Aww, they are adorable!!! 😍😍😍😍

I don't know as much about a caring for babies as other members herw so but just be aware that he will have LOTS of energy and once he's a teen his litter habbits will get worse and he may be territorial and even a bit aggressive at times. Once he's a bit older those problems should get better but of course getting him fixed around that time is the besr thing to do.
Be sure to do extra bunny proofing and close off any spaces he could squeeze into and get in trouble or hurt. Baby bunnies can squeeze through the tiniest of spaces. It's crazy!

Have you thought of any names yet?
I haven't since I'm not sure if I will get him yet I need to find a place to keep him inside because my parents refused to let me keep him inside any rooms and there is another problem some vets near me are closed cuz of covid and some don't do surgeries. In Pakistan and in the area I live in this is not uncommon. Is dealing with a unneutered rabbit this age going to be hard? Bugz really wasn't that hard to deal with except he would poop outside often but mostly inside. I don't really mind the poops.

Overall males are generally better than females. Good thing you past on the angora’s if they seemed weak. You definitely don't want to start out with a sick one. Like Everything Ducks said, they will go through a teenage phase and can get into teeny spaces. Other than that, they are no different than adults.

Overall males are generally better than females. Good thing you past on the angora’s if they seemed weak. You definitely don't want to start out with a sick one. Like Everything Ducks said, they will go through a teenage phase and can get into teeny spaces. Other than that, they are no different than adults.
This gives me some hope. My parents actually ended up liking bugs. I just need to make a place for him inside.

We have a basement. It is as big as a average room. We keep some of our stuff there and it is also a bit cooler down there. I have read some threads on keeping bunnies in basement none of them really recommended it.
Keep him someplace where you will like being so you will want to spend time with him. Although I know you will spend plenty of time with him. Too bad they wont let him be in your room. What about the space upstairs?

Keep him someplace where you will like being so you will want to spend time with him. Although I know you will spend plenty of time with him. Too bad they wont let him be in your room. What about the space upstairs?
We live in a rented house and we do have access to the upstairs but we don't use the rooms only the gallery and the terraces I used to spend alot of time with bugs upstairs. I also stay in the basement for some part of the summers. I'll ask my parents to let me keep him in the gallery outside of my room.

Last edited:
Weather shouldn't be a problem, she lives in the house. Although she did stop nesting completely, so I'm wondering if she got exited, and maybe she will start nesting again closer to her due date. Or maybe she's going through a false pregnancy which would be a bummer 😕
My does don’t pull fur until they are close. It’s best to put the nest box in at day 28 (luckily mine is built in to the house so I don’t have to worry about that). Mine also kindles early in the morning typically day 31. Since I’m a bit late answering you, hoping all went well as I continue reading.

Hello :frow I figured no one here would mind me dropping some pictures of my very first litters. Born yesterday. They are mini rex. And I was a little surprised that they both had 5. And that all of them are still alive today. The blue litter has 2 very small ones. And the broken litter has 1 super tiny runt. I was surprised and happy to see that the runt had already grown noticeably in 24 hours. The moms have the nests fully covered in hair, I just moved it to check on them.
I never knew I was a rabbit person until we got them. I think I enjoy them more then the chickens.

Attachments

• 2CF4E3F7-939D-4FBC-9A65-AA21A69C0225.jpeg
    2CF4E3F7-939D-4FBC-9A65-AA21A69C0225.jpeg
    455.1 KB · Views: 3
  • B60FE26F-A52F-4814-82C7-60978082194E.jpeg
    B60FE26F-A52F-4814-82C7-60978082194E.jpeg
    511.9 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom