The BYC book club

Percy Jackson is pretty awesome. So is Gregor the Overlander (Anyone heard of it?) I'm currently reading The Last Apprentice by Joseph Delaney. They're all awesome books,and go on the top of my list,right after Eragon. Is there anyone else who's read Eragon here? I haven't really heard any people that have. I love it! (Although..I've only read the first two books.
lol.png
)

Quote:
Honestly I read the 1st in the Percy Jackson series and I really didn't like it
hide.gif

But I have read Eragon and really enjoy it, did you hear the 4th (and final) book is releasing November 8th of this year? I already pre-ordered my copy.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Honestly I read the 1st Percy Jackson series and I really didn't like it
hide.gif

But I have read Eragon and really enjoy it, did you hear the 4th (and final) book is releasing November 8th of this year? I already pre-ordered my copy.
big_smile.png

Yes! I can't wait! Of course,my mom won't let me order anything(
roll.png
)..so I went ahead and pre-requested it from the library. (They pre-ordered it from the site,because there's a high demand in the library.)
I really hope I'm not the 110th person on the list. Last time I ordered a warriors manga and it took MONTHS for it to arrive. I guess someone kept it too long or something.

Speaking of Warriors..It's awesome too!
big_smile.png
I read all the books..but I can't seem to find the latest one..
th.gif

Quote:
Honestly I read the 1st Percy Jackson series and I really didn't like it
hide.gif

big_smile.png

roll.png
)..so I went ahead and pre-requested it from the library. (They pre-ordered it from the site,because there's a high demand in the library.)
I really hope I'm not the 110th person on the list. Last time I ordered a warriors manga and it took MONTHS for it to arrive. I guess someone kept it too long or something.

big_smile.png
th.gif

I've read most of the Warriors and I enjoy them but they just keep coming and coming.

I saw the Eragon movie and got put off, at least one person died per scene.

Please don't judge the book by the movie, they are nothing alike and the movie was horrible.​

Quote:
roll.png

big_smile.png
th.gif

I've read most of the Warriors and I enjoy them but they just keep coming and coming.

I saw the Eragon movie and got put off, at least one person died per scene.

Please don't judge the book by the movie, they are nothing alike and the movie was horrible.​

Ya, I think I will read it eventually. It's just not really my type of book…

In my opinion, the Eragon books were way better than the movie. Looking forward to the next one.

I have read the 3 Ender books, and the Shadow books also. They get a little heavy on the political side, but are good none the less.

I enjoyed the Percy Jackson books, the movie.....not so much.

Has anyone read the circle trilogy, Red, Black, White, and Green (four books in the trilogy...
roll.png
) by Ted Dekker? Good, but I did not like the ending of Green. There are also side shoots from these that are also good. Ted Dekker also wrote House, and Thr3e, and Blink of an Eye, all of which have been made into movies that I have not seen yet. I don't think I want to see House or Thr3e alone...but I do want to see Blink of an Eye.

I've only read Ender's Game, but my husband guarantees me that the rest are worth a read.

I just joined a real life book club this year. So far I have read "Rain" by Kirsty Gunn, "The Bone People" by Keri Hulme, "The Time Traveller's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger, and just about to finish "Slaughterhouse Five (or the Children's Crusade)" by Kurt Vonnegut. The last one is kind of an anti-war piece written by a witness of the Dresden firebombing, with a similar time travelling element to Time travellers wife - it's quite gritty but quite beautiful.

i do not like to read much but i did like these 2 books

the 39 clues books that have lots of different authors

and the diary of a wimpy kid books by jeff kinney

My siblings definitely think the Eragon books are better than the movie.

I've only read the very first Warriors book. It was good but definitely could have used some work. Hunter's painfully obvious avoidance of the word "said" stressed the cats' not being human much more than needed.

Back
Top Bottom