Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Halloween

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Thanksgiving

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Christmas

Votes: 35 64.8%

• Total voters
We have no neighbors my age where we are now, but I have my sister (who is my age). The friends we have (my sister and I) we've known since we were 5. I honestly don't remember how we met. :rolleyes: They don't live anywhere near us now, but we're closer than ever. Are your girls close in age?

So I am asking because I may end up homeschooling my girls (depends on consolidation ) What did your parents do for socializaton? They just closed the local home school coop so I am trying to come up with ideas incase they close the small school near us. Dance class and things like that are not an option here

I have youth group on Wednesday nights, and currently that's usually all the socialization I do. Honestly, I'm kind of antisocial. LOL. In the past I've done dance and basketball, which aloud me to be social. (My current sports are horseback riding and cross country running, which aren't really team sports.) Occasionally we do homeschool field trips, and a co-op type thing at one of our houses.

How did you make those friends? Church is an option, but I have had a hard time finding similarly aged girls (I know my oldest wants a friend). there and we have no neighbors.

I had the same problem from kindergarten to 6th grade. We live in the country, and have no neighbors with kids around. My siblings always have had friends who are homeschooled, but all my friends went to public school. Finally in 7th grade I met a nice homeschooler my age, but by 8th grade we had mostly drifted apart because the only interest we shared was horses. I still see her occasionally, but sadly things have become kind of awkward between us. Now I'm in 9th grade, and am back to having all my friends in public school. For the most part I don't mind it, I see them on weekends and in the summer.

So I am asking because I may end up homeschooling my girls (depends on consolidation ) What did your parents do for socializaton? They just closed the local home school coop so I am trying to come up with ideas incase they close the small school near us. Dance class and things like that are not an option here
4-H would be good.

Thank you, all of you! @BantamFan4Life You are right, 4H is a good option, one we will definitely do regardless.
@Chickenchick11 That is kind of what I am scared of, being more antisocial myself. Fortunately for me I always had a friend, a girl I grew up with, who kept me from getting to withdrawn. I just worry that my girls won't have that. But Wednesday night group might just work, we do have that, and it is the combination of 3 different churches so more children to choose from.
@silkiecuddles Yes fortunately my girls are close in age. And they do play together alot. But you can tell the older one wants other children to play with, she talks about it alot.
They are little yet, just 18 months and 3, but I am a worrier. We kept the 3 year old out of preschool this year, I just cannot imagine a 3 year old needing to be in school. But there is talk about closing the schools down and DH and I are not comfortable with our girls traveling and hour on bus and then going to a huge school. Thanks for the ideas

Last edited:
@Organicfarmwife no problem, I'm glad to be of help! :)
Yes, I totally agree with you, there's no need for 3 year olds to be doing school yet. Let them play in the mud and use their imagination while they're young, they have their whole lives before them to do school.

Thank you, all of you! @BantamFan4Life You are right, 4H is a good option, one we will definitely do regardless.
@Chickenchick11 That is kind of what I am scared of, being more antisocial myself. Fortunately for me I always had a friend, a girl I grew up with, who kept me from getting to withdrawn. I just worry that my girls won't have that. But Wednesday night group might just work, we do have that, and it is the combination of 3 different churches so more children to choose from.
@silkiecuddles Yes fortunately my girls are close in age. And they do play together alot. But you can tell the older one wants other children to play with, she talks about it alot.
They are little yet, just 18 months and 3, but I am a worrier. We kept the 3 year old out of preschool this year, I just cannot imagine a 3 year old needing to be in school. But there is talk about closing the schools down and DH and I are not comfortable with our girls traveling and hour on bus and then going to a huge school. Thanks for the ideas
You're welcome.

Christmas shopping: 90% done.
wee.gif
Nice Silkie! I've barely started.
hide.gif

So cute!

The debates went really, really well!!

I've been homeschooled my whole life. Before my parents stated doing a homeschool community called Classical Conversations with my brother and I, we socialized through church, sports and by being with friends of our parents. It also helped a lot that we lived on a Cul-de-sac with about 5 other families with kids who homeschooled.

I hope you homeschool your girls!
thumbsup.gif
I'm so grateful I've never been in the public school systems.

Back
Top Bottom