THE BYC TRAVELING MASCOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Olivia!!!!! WOW!!! What a fun adventure!!!! That is soooooo awesome!!!!! Lucky, lucky Wally!!! You all live in a beautiful place, love the ocean scenes!! Wow, great pics!!! Thanks so much for hosting Wally!!!!
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

Envirogirl11
clap.gif
Great photos, Thanks for sharing some of Wally's adventures with your family and sharing the photos with us. Looked like Wally's is having a great time. Sure glad you didn't let him steer the boat. Hope you continue having a good time for the rest of his visit. Again great photos
clap.gif

Karan

Sorry if this is repeated But after I submitted it it was'nt showing unless I went back. so submitted it again hope this works

Opps now I know I posted a reply with Olivia's photo post Sorry

frow.gif
Hello from the parsonage!
Beaker arrived yesterday, safe and sound.
Have a few pictures to share.... he arrived in time to ride on the church van to the fellowship meeting...he is very well behaved.
He did get a little car sick...the Rev. took some of the curves a little too tight!
tongue.png

We are looking forward to service with him tomorrow...

Quote:
Hmmmmm, yes it does.......someones' got some splainin to do Nifty.......the little plastic plucked duck was Beaker's toy...has Beaker been duck-napped??????

Last edited:
No one panic. My bad. Beaker was beautifully wrapped in pink tissue paper, I let the children open the box, and I never paid attention...though I did wonder how a rubber chicken could quack...
idunno.gif
the rubber chicken was on top.
But don't worry Beaker was found, and had a lovely service this morning.
smile.png

Yea,,,, Hooray,,,,,
lol.png
yippiechickie.gif

:eek: Call off the Blood Hounds :mad:

D.gif
Hello :eek: Sherlock McCluck it seems your services are not required at this time. The disappearance has been solved.
Thank you so much for considering the case.
smile.png

Thank you Parsons Wife for solving the mystery.
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
Hahahahahahahah!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Now THAT is funny! Parsonswife - your life must be as crazy as all of ours!

So glad the "real" Beaker stepped forward and behaved himself in church.

Well, today was Fancy's biggest day exploring Kodiak - and her last. Despite the rain, we took a drive out to the end of the road (well, one side of it).

About 7 miles from town, at a very popular salmon stream, there was a crowd of cars pulled over. We told Fancy to brace herself because she was about to see a Kodiak Brown Bear in the flesh.

9122_kodiak_107-2.jpg

What a surprise when we realized there were two of them! Just young sprouts, but enough to make Fancy nervous.

9122_kodiak_109.jpg

We finally headed down the road again, only to pull off a mile later to take in the view of Womens Bay.

9122_kodiak_110.jpg

Fancy's luck kept up farther down the road when she spotted a Sitka Blacktail deer.

9122_kodiak_112.jpg

We finally got to Surf Beach, at the end of the road. It was a little stormy, but true to it's name, there were a couple of surfer's taking on the waves. Unfortunately, they were too far out for Fancy to get their attention and ask for a ride. So she and Tessa settled for a little bit of beachcombing.

9122_kodiak_117.jpg

9122_kodiak_121.jpg

9122_kodiak_122.jpg

Whew! With all that exploring Fancy had to take a bit of rest.

9122_kodiak_125.jpg

The driftwood was nice, but relaxing in the sand was even better.

9122_kodiak_128.jpg

Finally, it was time for a group shot with Tessa and Wes and a cool piece of driftwood.

9122_kodiak_134.jpg

Don't fall off Fancy, that water is cold!

When we got back into town, Fancy clucked for us to stop at the harbor so she could see the big boats.

9122_kodiak_162.jpg

She told us that she was more impressed by the size of our boats than by the size of our bears. Those are fighting words in Kodiak, so we took her by to see one of the big guys harvested a few years ago.

9122_kodiak_166.jpg

Upon seeing that big boy she decided maybe it wasn't so safe to be a lone frizzle in Kodiak country. So, although we've enjoyed her visit, we'll send her off to her next host tomorrow. Hopefully they live somewhere that a plucky little chick doesn't look like such an appetizing meal!

Last edited:
Erin!!! Alaska and your daughter are gorgeous!! What an absolutely breath-takingly beautiful place!! What are those odd looking things laying on the sand though? You live in a beautiful place, wow!! Lucky Fancy!!!

Gwen, that cracks me up!!! I am so glad you didn't take that plucked chicken to church services or they would still be praying over it since it thinks it's a duck!!! lol!! Glad Beker is a victim of duck-napping and that he behaved during the Parson's sermon, you know how those roque ducks can be!! Quack this, quack that....just silly all the time!

Now if we could find Howard and Rusty that easily!!!
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom