The call of Wildman "Turtleman"

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mandelyn, Dec 19, 2011.

1. mandelyn

mandelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    Goshen, OH
    On animal planet there's this guy in Kentucky who is an animal/pest trapper. Usually I don't watch it because he's really annoying... once the volume on the TV was louder than normal from a quiet channel, flipped to him just in time for his call... OMG my ears!

Anyways, last night there was a marathon, so I used it as backup to what I was watching for during commercials.

This guy... went to help these folks who were losing chickens every night. They didn't want to kill whatever it was, so they called him in. He evaluates the situation, gets a read on the size of the animal from the hole it used to get into the coop, and after hearing it was trap savvy, he decided to use the chicken coop as the trap.

Has a buddy rig a sliding door inside the pop door with a string, so he can drop the door fast. He sets up a blind in the corner of the coop to hide behind. He rubs a couple of chickens all over himself to cover is scent. Then he camps out and waits.

Hours pass, and finally the creature comes into the run, and pops through the door. He let's go of the string, door slams shut, and he is now in the hen house with a red fox.

He catches that fox with his bare hands! He had two people outside ready with a trap cage. He was paid with 6 dozen eggs and a broiler hen.

Crazy! He'll catch about anything bare handed.

2. Orpingtons4U

Orpingtons4U Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2011
    Central Virginia
    Quote:I LOVE THAT SHOW i like what his friend said at the end about the eggs LOL

3. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    I watched it too. The one where the cow fell into the hole. Pretty crazy guy. I did like the albino raccoon. But his pay, really? He risks his life and gets $35 or something. Seems odd to me.

4. Orpingtons4U

Nov 22, 2011
    Central Virginia
    Quote:Yeah $25 to get a snake out of a house

5. Johndeere96

Johndeere96 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    Nh
    But think how much animal planet pays him

6. littlecreekfarm

littlecreekfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2011
    Virginia
    love that show!!! it's amazing how he catches those animals!

7. Orpingtons4U

Nov 22, 2011
    Central Virginia

Me Too Erin

8. yomama

yomama Overrun With Chickens

My daughters and I always poke fun at him "I've got dirt from my toes to my nose", I think is what he said. [​IMG]

9. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    I haven't watched it yet, but from reading these I think I'd like to!

10. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    he looks like a complete hick that just does it for fun....

i think its hilarious

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by