The case of the shrinking eggs!!!!!!!!

oesdog

Crowing
13 Years
Jun 7, 2010
Ireland
The shrinking eggs!!!!!!!!
This is the shrinking eggs mystery!!!!!!

MAybe someone can enlighten me why my eggs are shrinking????
Here goes.
Normal size eggs!!!!
59801_dscf0061.jpg

Watch carefully guys!!!!!
Then I got this little tiny Poop egg!!!!!!!!!!
59801_dscf0064.jpg

Now I was thinking this has got to be wrong because all my girls are way past poop egg stage - youngest will be 2 in June!!!!!!
While I was pondering this - this turned up!!!!!
59801_dscf0065.jpg

It is the size of a sparrow egg - How can I find an egg cup to fit that??????????????

I mean I would be hard pushed to fit it in an upturned thimble!!!!! See it up against a "real egg"
59801_dscf0069.jpg

This is crazy but you see what I mean about the mystry of the shrinking eggs!!!!!
59801_dscf0068.jpg

Perhaps I have a very tiny chicken living in the coop I never noticed before???????
roll.png

Oesdog
hmm.png

wow-- interesting eggs. If you are sure that it is from your chicken and not a sparrow---go for the Guiness Book of World Records for smallest egg. LOL!

Seriously---- could it be something nutritional? Feed? worms? Hope you get a good answer to your mystery!

This is amusing---I said Guiness before I even realized you were in Ireland. ;O)

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh - I just thought I wonder if we have Leprechaun chickens in Ireland??????? I guess they would be green so I should have found the miniture chicken by now???

They are my chicken eggs!!!!!!! and they get Layers pellets from the feed store and free range and get loads of veg and bread and all sorts. They have the run of the yard right now and are clearing the veg bays! They are all fat and healthy looking but some are just comming out of the molt.

Oesdog
roll.png
- May invest in some thimbles!!!!!
lol.png

Last edited:
Quote:
So searching for a tiny weeny chicken with a flash light in the dark is not a good idea then???

Oesdog
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom