The Cat Thread-For Cat Owners

Sandstorm495

Songster
7 Years
Dec 2, 2012
Darwin, Australia
There's a Dog thread so why shouldn't there be a cat thread? I would love to see photos of your cats, whatever breed they may be.
Here's some of mine:

Name: Davros
Breed: Persian cross

If you could include the age and breed that would be great.

Last edited:
People often ask how ours cats get along with the chickens. This picture says it all. Our BR jumped onto the chair, not realizing that Tonks was there. The chicken paused, then settled made herself comfortable. The cat never stopped grooming herself.

I have a cat (see her pic below) who just loves chicks! She knows when they are coming and where they come from. She knows! When I get the incubators out, I have to push her out of the way all the time. She starts purring and rubbing all over me while I try to set them up. I had to start taping my incubator lids shut because she loves to snuggle up next to them or on them and once she accidently jarred the lid. She will sit by those incubators or sleep near them most of the time. Once, after the hatch, when the chicks were in the brooder box, I forgot to close the wire lid I had on it. Well, when I went back in the room later I found my cat in one corner of the brooder, just laying there observing all the chicks who were on the other side of the brooder watching her! Crazy cat!

Well, I have a lot of cats because being a farm, irresponsible people drop off cats and they make their home here. This is fine by me, I love cats and they are perfect organic pest control for my garden. This however is my favorite, Peaches Lee, whom is in my avatar and my BYC namesake. His nickname is Prince and he is 7 years old.

Toddy, he is 13 years old.

These are my babies, all are rescues ex 1
The fluffy one in the first pic is Riley who thinks he is a dog then jacoby is the larger short haired and the sm short haired one is dexter who I found under our house a couple months ago and the one all by himself is Silas who is kinda a loner.

love cats! We get a lot of drop offs here too and there are plenty of wild cats as well. Recently we also found kittens that a wild cat had. we caught some in time and were able to tame them.

Tussle

Tumble

Tilt

And everybody's favorite one-eyed stray... it's Chester!

These are my babies, all are rescues ex 1
The fluffy one in the first pic is Riley who thinks he is a dog then jacoby is the larger short haired and the sm short haired one is dexter who I found under our house a couple months ago and the one all by himself is Silas who is kinda a loner.
Wow that's one big cat! But they're all cute .

I have no idea at all! We know who the kittens' mother is and a pretty good idea of who the father might be (both of which we caught and got fixed) but we have no idea how we could have ended up with a tortie or a long haired cat like tussle. The kitten named tilt got his name when we realized his apparently chronic head tilting habit. At first it was cute but now it's concerning. It's almost like his head is too heavy for his neck. If anybody has any ideas as to why this is it would be greatly appreciated
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom