The Chicken Palace

MTCoop

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 11, 2014
Just thought I would post a few pics of our Chicken coop in progress.
My husband had a picture in his head of how the coop should be and here it is coming to life.
All I have to say, is I hope these chickens appreciate their new home.
smile.png

The Chicken Palace

The girls are doing their inspection

I think they approve
yippiechickie.gif

Well I can honestly say that I have never seen Lincoln Log chicken coop before today. That plan in your husbands head is a vision… I think it to be very sturdy and varmint proof and a fun place for you to keep and raise your birds.

Best to you and your project,

RJ

It is 8'6" x 12' and built from cedar logs with 6x6 pressure treated posts and beams.
They are already hanging out in there when we let them out of the run, they seem to like it.
My boys want to keep it for a cabin and put bunk beds and a wood stove in it to camp out in.

Big coop...how many chickens do you have or plan on having? I don't blame your boys, that would make a great cabin for them.

We have 5 layers right now but I am sure that we will be getting more in the future. You know how chicken math goes....hahah

I think Im in the beginnings of an egg hatching addiction. So I agree with the plan of 4 chickens growing to amounts unknown. :D I am still planning on my new coop. I really just like the look of yours. Good work!

Back
Top Bottom