The chickens of the Sunshine Motel!

Pics
Not sure about any of those except the EE. I have one and definitely getting another as she is such a character! She is beautiful imo, and I have seen some VERY lovely EE... if there is a way to know what chicks turn into what color... but I have to say I get a tanish egg from her... go figure:rolleyes:
I am thinking I want a Brahma... gorgeous!

5 chickens enjoying the dust bath at once, Nardole standing guard!
View attachment 1581299
River Song and Sarah Jane Smith!
View attachment 1581298

Because I'm WEAK, I am already looking at spring chicks. I want to be ready to order EARLY while there is still lots left, but I can't decide what I want besides the polish! I will probably have room for 5 newbies, and I want 4 polish. I will likely order from Meyer Hatchery again. Do I get. . .

Black Copper Marans:
PROS: Really beautiful, lovely dark eggs. Feathery feets might be fun too.
CONS: Expensive. Am I really THAT in love with dark brown eggs? Also, only one feather foot seems like a bad idea.

Americauna:
PROS: Guaranteed blue eggs! Floofy birds are A++. Love me some floof. Floof+ blue eggs is delightful.

CONS: Hella expensive, boring color.

Easter Egger:
PROS: I like surprises! Probably fun colors and fun colored eggs! Not super expensive.
CONS: Could potentially be VERY boring. No guarantee as to bird or egg color.

Cream legbar:
PROS: Very pretty birds, nice crest, nice color. Guaranteed blue eggs.
CONS: Hella expensive, and I already have one.

Olive Egger:
PROS: Fun egg color, I don't have any currently.
CONS: Again, expensive. No idea what they look like. I could probably make my own.

Other? Add your own pros and cons!
My vote:
Easter eggers! They’re so diverse and often the most friendly!

Not sure about any of those except the EE. I have one and definitely getting another as she is such a character! She is beautiful imo, and I have seen some VERY lovely EE... if there is a way to know what chicks turn into what color... but I have to say I get a tanish egg from her... go figure:rolleyes:
I am thinking I want a Brahma... gorgeous!
They are SO gorgeous, but I seem to be angling towards primarily smaller birds with the legbars and polish, so I did not add them.. .

But if I add ANOTHER coop (besides the third coop I already plan to add!!) I think it will all be BIG birds, as I think the Buff Brahmas are a thing I need in my life.

They are SO gorgeous, but I seem to be angling towards primarily smaller birds with the legbars and polish, so I did not add them.. .

But if I add ANOTHER coop (besides the third coop I already plan to add!!) I think it will all be BIG birds, as I think the Buff Brahmas are a thing I need in my life.
Yes, the buffs:drool... they had some light brahamas the other day at feed store and I was SO CLOSE to taking two home but I was good.... or bad as the case may be... by missing out:hmm

Yes, the buffs:drool... they had some light brahamas the other day at feed store and I was SO CLOSE to taking two home but I was good.... or bad as the case may be... by missing out:hmm
I used to have a pet hen called Penny that looked exactly like the buff brahmas, only much much smaller and no fluffy feets.
In a sea on anti-social feral chickens, she was sweet and tame. Let me carry her around and fuss over her. I absolutely adored her!

Just out of curiosity, would Rory X Susan create sex links?
Susan is my mongrel feral hen, who has adapted to captive pet life nicely!
20181004_154132.jpg
20181103_162227.jpg

Back
Top Bottom