Help with polish crested rooster.

Nardole's new 'do.
He is safely tucked into a crate for the night. I'll pick up some blue kote or aluminum tomorrow.
Please note that is NOT blood on his face. They discovered watermelon today
20180709_212555.jpg

20180709_212600.jpg

I picked up the blue kote, and was planning to treat that tonight, BUT these two things were cheap and caught my eye--either of them likely to be more helpful?
20180710_154138.jpg

20180710_154209.jpg

Also, could he be wormy? I know I have never wormed mine, and I doubt he's been wormed. Could this help?
20180710_154328.jpg

I have never used the PickNoMore, but it is supposed to treat pecking. I had good luck with BluKote, but it is very staining—blue. It wears off eventually, but
will stain your hands, clothes, and the feathers and skin. I repeated the spray on my polish’s heads every couple of days to refresh it.
Wazine will only treat roundworms, the most common type, but is easy to use in the water for 1 day. Better wormers are Valbazen or SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer, treat most chickens worms, but those have to be given orally to each chicken, and repeated in 10 days. All require an egg withdrawal time of 2 weeks after the last dose.

I have never used the PickNoMore, but it is supposed to treat pecking. I had good luck with BluKote, but it is very staining—blue. It wears off eventually, but
will stain your hands, clothes, and the feathers and skin. I repeated the spray on my polish’s heads every couple of days to refresh it.
Wazine will only treat roundworms, the most common type, but is easy to use in the water for 1 day. Better wormers are Valbazen or SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer, treat most chickens worms, but those have to be given orally to each chicken, and repeated in 10 days. All require an egg withdrawal time of 2 weeks after the last dose.
I had to put Blue Kote on my horse once.
I had blue freckles for what seemed like FOREVER

I tried the pick no more on Nardole last night, and got some on my hands and holy #%&@&=^@^#^&!&#: did it sting!!! Pretty sure we are all done with that.
Nardole is in a SUPER bad mood today, for the first time ever, and while it may just be coincidental, I think not. He was being mean to the pullets in the coop and when I let them out he charged me! He did not make contact-- I think he is smart enough to realize it would land him in deep trouble-- but I think for the rest of the day he is not going to be allowed in my personal bubble.

Back
Top Bottom