The chickens of the Sunshine Motel!

Pics
Ooh. I don't know. Have you been reading up on the combinations?
I try. @Sneebsey helped a LOT, and was much much easier and less technical than a lot of online things. I tried the chicken genetic calculator but I have no idea what colors to put for Rory, so that was a non-starter.
I just LOVE the fluffy bums of the Wyandottes. Rory is almost as fluffy bottomed AND he has a muff. DOUBLE FLUFF.

With your silvers he ought to produce sex linked offspring.

With BLRW he will produce half blue half splash.

Sounds like a good cross; nice small combs for the winters, but may be tricky to identify who will lay blue/green as the pea comb, which is linked to the gene, may be hidden by the rose. Should be nice productive layers, meaty for the extra boys too.

With your silvers he ought to produce sex linked offspring.
Really?? How does that work? I thought sex links needed a barred variety to work?
Sounds like a good cross; nice small combs for the winters, but may be tricky to identify who will lay blue/green as the pea comb, which is linked to the gene, may be hidden by the rose. Should be nice productive layers, meaty for the extra boys too.
I think so! And Rory is HUGE. And heavy! And he's only 7 months old!
All my Wyandottes are good layers, so hopefully I'll get dual purpose Easter eggers out of the cross, and some chicken dinners too!

Those are Araucana over RSL, and are in the mix, yes, though this year's Marans x are more dual purpose type, and two have rose. Ideally I want the crest and beard, but to tame down the amount of blues and greens I'm getting; more of those than brown at the moment!

Just Jackie and Martha laying eggs!
20181119_113305.jpg

WELL MARTHA WOULD LAY AN EGG IF JACKIE WOULD JUST BUDGE UP AND SHARE THE GOOD NEST BOX
20181119_113310.jpg

Happy chickens in the sun!
20181119_113336.jpg

Back
Top Bottom