The chickens of the Sunshine Motel!

This is the face of death and destruction.
This is a chicken who remembers her ancestors were dinosaurs.

Someone come tell Dandelion that Polish crested don't go broody please.
20220623_095648.jpg

That is one scary stare.

Speaking of broody Polish, our Miss Phyllis is now broody for the second time! I thought this wasn't supposed to happen.

20220602_214537.jpg

I had to break Miss Phyllis yesterday. She had been on the nest setting for 35 days. There is no rooster here so there was never any chance of hatching eggs. Poor girl. Everyone was helping her by donating eggs. Her final clutch.

20220625_185944.jpg

She was really pancaked trying to cover that many.

Because I have a PROBLEM I've added some new additions to the flock: 4 barred rock and 2 "assorted bantems" that look suspiciously like a production black and a leghorn. Their story is they were $1 dollar each at TSC because no one would freaking take them

Because I have a PROBLEM I've added some new additions to the flock: 4 barred rock and 2 "assorted bantems" that look suspiciously like a production black and a leghorn. Their story is they were $1 dollar each at TSC because no one would freaking take them
How old were they when you got them?

My tractor supply the other day had 2 bins of barred rocks. 1 was pullets. 1 was straight run. The ones in the straight run bin were 100% boys. What a rotten thing to do to the uneducated.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom